Liberty Global: Digital transformation across systems and geographies
Pega offers frictionless experiences and drives personalization, two things that our consumers absolutely demand
- Embarked on a digital transformation to address the changing needs of customers
- Developed “Customer DNA” to personalize experiences across channels
- Created digital capabilities than can be reused organization-wide
The Business Issue
Liberty Global needed to be more than just a telco. Through a series of mergers and acquisitions, it has become the world’s largest international cable provider, operating across 11 European countries. But with growth came legacy IT, technical debt, and a greater urgency to keep up with changing customer demands.
The company was facing growing competition from non-traditional competitors that have changed the rules of customer experience.
Liberty Global needed to develop a digital strategy that could serve its internal and external customers across systems, geographies, and be delivered at speed.
Liberty Global chose Pega because of its open architecture, ability to work on any legacy IT, and quick implementation and delivery process.
With Pega, Liberty Global created an enterprise digital layer across all of its legacy IT systems. Bringing these systems together allowed Liberty Global to feed data into its "Customer DNA" system and take advantage of advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and robotics capabilities to develop personalized experiences across customer care, marketing, and other channels.
Liberty Global used two change approaches in its markets: transformation led and gradual evolution. Both have promising results:
- End-to-end digital IT stack built in Belgium in 18 months
- Full diagnosing capabilities delivered in Austria in 9 months
- Creation of a suite of digital capabilities that can be used across all of Liberty Global
- Communications Service Providers