Several Government Agencies Choose Pegasystems to Drive More Effective Operations
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – March 7, 2012 – Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the leader in Business Process Management (BPM) and software for customer centricity, today announced significant momentum in its public sector business, bolstered by several new state agency contract signings and increased investment in solutions for the sector. The sharp increase in activity comes as numerous government agencies already leveraging Pega technology are seeing rapid returns on investment and significant hikes in productivity.
Pegasystems, a long-time supplier of software to government clients, has recently signed contracts or implemented new projects with five state government agencies:
- California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) – Responsible for processing more than 16 million personal income tax returns, resolving 2.5 million inquiries and sending out eight million refunds annually, FTB is one of the highest-volume tax processing facilities in the nation. Pega technology is being leveraged as part of an innovative solution that will support fundamental changes in its tax processing which will generate an estimated $3.7 billion in savings over the life of the project (CGI Group Inc. is the systems integrator).
- Indiana Family & Social Services Administration (FSSA) – A statewide social services agency providing benefits to more than one million residents, FSSA selected Pega to improve the quality of customer service and provide integrated case management capabilities. Pega technology will improve efficiency by increasing data transparency and enabling more efficient compliance with State and Federal requirements (Cognizant is the systems integrator).
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) – The agency, which builds and maintains infrastructure enabling safe and efficient movement of people and commerce, serves more than 20 million residents and visitors. It is leveraging Pega technology as part of a modernization initiative (iBridge Group is the systems integrator).
- Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS) - A multi-billion dollar public trust, TCDRS partners with more than 620 county and district employers to provide reliable retirement, disability and survivor benefits to more than 225,000 Texans. TCDRS has selected Pega to modernize legacy systems to help respond more rapidly to customer needs, enhance services to members and employers, improve information security and controls, and increase business process efficiencies (iBridge is the systems integrator).
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) – The environmental agency for the State of Texas which services approximately $1 billion in grants, TCEQ is leveraging Pega technology to drive modernization efforts and agility as part of a recently implemented project to streamline operations with its grants management program (iBridge is the systems integrator).
In addition, Pegasystems has tripled its public sector investment over the last year, adding key resources as part of its overall growth. Pegasystems has advanced its government-specific solutions such as the Citizen Benefit Delivery solution to allow agencies to more effectively deliver better citizen service with fewer resources. Its award winning CRM and BPM solutions drive operational agility and help agencies keep up with accelerated policy changes, among other benefits.
Quotes & Commentary:
Dave Dantus, Director, Public Sector Industry Solutions, Pegasystems
“More and more government agencies are realizing they can achieve rapid returns and increased efficiencies by modernizing legacy systems with our dynamic case management technology to manage complex, siloed and highly manual processes. Too often, agencies are hindered from providing effective citizen services. By leveraging advanced Pega technology, they can overcome these formidable challenges, whether its compliance or benefits delivery.”
To read more about Pega’s public sector solutions, visit: https://www.pega.com/solutions/by-industry/government
To read more about Pega public sector customers’ successes, visit: https://www.pega.com/about-us/company/customers
Pegasystems Inc. is the leader in software for customer engagement and operational excellence. Pega’s adaptive, cloud-architected software – built on its unified Pega® Platform – empowers people to rapidly deploy, and easily extend and change applications to meet strategic business needs. Over its 30-year history, Pega has delivered award-winning capabilities in CRM and BPM, powered by advanced artificial intelligence and robotic automation, to help the world’s leading brands achieve breakthrough business results. For more information on Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) visit www.pega.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The information contained in this press release is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Pegasystems, Pegasystems specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.
Lisa Pintchman Rogers
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584
One Rogers St.
Cambridge, MA 02142
Phone +1 617-374-9600
Fax +1 617-374-9620