Pegasystems Raises the Bar for Customer Experience with Latest Industry-Leading Customer Service Application
The top-ranked application empowers large service organizations to better engage customers, simplifythe employee experience, and change as their business evolves.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – October 29, 2014 – Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the software company powering the digital enterprise, today announced significant innovations to its customer service application. Pega Customer Service engages customers while maintaining context and visibility, as they seamlessly transition across communication channels and devices – unifying social media, mobile apps, live chat, co-browsing, phone calls, and in-person service. The application increases employee productivity by providing customer service representatives (CSRs) with information from all channels in a unified desktop that guides them in delivering an exceptional end-to-end customer experience, from the first touch to completion.
Embedded case management connects the people and systems necessary to quickly resolve each customer inquiry by tracking relevant information, automating and assigning tasks, and connecting front- and back-office activity. Intelligent guidance helps employees anticipate customer needs based on the situation. Pega Customer Service makes it faster and easier to translate changing business requirements, such as new products, channels, devices, policies, and procedures, into an always up-to-date customer service application.
Pega Customer Service introduces new features and unifies technologies from Pega’s recent acquisitions of Mesh Labs and Firefly, including:
- Intuitive Interface – The new interface is beautiful to work with, yet powerful enough to support the customer service complexities of large organizations. Its intelligent guidance takes CSRs step-by-step through recommendations to deliver a personalized service experience for each customer.
- Co-Browsing – Customer service representatives can share their web or mobile screens with customers in real time to jointly view websites, fill in forms, or share other browser-based content instantly without any software downloads. Representatives can more easily guide customers through complex interactions and transactions. Pega Customer Service seamlessly unifies Firefly’s co-browsing technology within the Pega 7 application.
- Social Engagement – Using advanced natural language and text analytics capabilities from Mesh Labs technology, CSRs can listen to customer conversations on social networks and identify and respond to critical issues. These conversations can then be routed to the appropriate teams to respond and manage social interactions.
- Mobile – The application is optimized to provide rich user experiences on mobile devices including mobile chat, mobile self-service apps, mash-ups into existing mobile apps and role-based views of the application.
- Knowledge Management – The application recommends relevant, timely information based on customer interactions and manages the complete lifecycle of that content, from creation to publication to archiving.
The Pega Customer Service application is built on the Pega 7 Platform. Pega’s latest visual tools enable businesses to easily extend and change the application to meet their strategic business needs without code, delivering up to 6.4x faster than traditional Java. Pega’s proven scalability ensures the application operates across the ever changing needs of users, business lines, geographies and channels that today’s enterprises demand.
Quotes & Commentary:
“Customers demand a satisfying, efficient and accurate service experience through all channels, but large organizations are challenged to evolve their systems and train their service representatives fast enough to deliver this experience in the face of rapid change,” said Steve Kraus, Senior Director of Product Marketing for CRM Solutions at Pegasystems. “Pega Customer Service addresses these challenges by anticipating customer needs, intelligently guiding customers and employees, and automating processes to deliver the experience that today’s connected customers require.”
- For more information, please visit the Pega Customer Service homepage
Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) develops strategic applications for marketing, sales, service, and operations. Pega’s applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega’s Global 3000 customers include many of the world’s most sophisticated and successful enterprises. Pega’s applications, available in the cloud or on-premises, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients’ strategic business needs. Pega’s clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use, and global scale. For more information, please visit us at www.pega.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The information contained in this press release is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Pegasystems, Pegasystems specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.
Lisa Pintchman Rogers
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584
One Rogers St.
Cambridge, MA 02142
Phone +1 617-374-9600
Fax +1 617-374-9620