Pegasystems Helps Mortgage Servicers Adapt to Changing Government Programs for Modifications, Short Sales, Foreclosures
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., September 8, 2010 – Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ: PEGA), the leader in business process management (BPM) and a leading provider of customer relationship management (CRM) solutions, today unveiled a new solution that enables mortgage servicers to address the urgent industry need to streamline loss mitigation operations and comply with increasing regulatory reform and government-sponsored programs such as Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP). The new Loan Loss Mitigation Solution leverages advanced BPM technology, successful client loan modification implementations and lending-specific case management capabilities to dramatically reduce servicers’ costs across a broad spectrum of loss mitigation programs; it is available immediately.
There are an estimated 7 million U.S. homeowners who are either behind in mortgage payments or in foreclosure. Attempting to stave off further home losses, several new government-sponsored programs are in place, such as Second Lien Modification Program (2MP) and the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program (HAFA). Government officials have also reformed numerous programs. For example, HAMP has seen more than 20 changes since inception, and even more changes are expected in coming months. Every change means the servicer must update their systems and update their processes, policies and rules.
The Loan Loss Mitigation Solution, powered by Pegasystems’ Build for Change® BPM technology, allows servicers to rapidly deploy and change their systems. This creates more transparency, accuracy and quicker processing capabilities across the spectrum of loss mitigation programs (i.e. modification, short sales, deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure and foreclosure). Whether for government-sponsored or servicer-designed programs, the solution’s intelligent case management capability controls document and data management for end-to-end efficiency (all activities are controlled, tracked and viewed in a single case). At any given point, borrowers, financial counselors and loss mitigation specialists can see the status of a loss mitigation case with a single click.
Customers using the solution have already improved mitigation throughput by up to 150 percent. One top four mortgage servicer quickly deployed its solution in only 89 days. The same large-scale servicer has virtually eliminated errors and workarounds, and reduced training times by approximately 60 percent.
 Source: US Treasury July HAMP report data on total industry loan modification volume
Highlights/Key Product Facts:
The Loan Loss Mitigation Solution provides a myriad of features that dynamically support mortgage servicing requirements, such as:
- Integrated document and data management – This capability guides knowledge workers through assigned tasks in working with documentation and data to keep them in sync. Tracking the receipt and verification of key documents while using service level agreements (SLAs) to automatically generate reminder correspondence with borrowers, or to prompt worker actions, allows the framework to improve productivity and eliminate errors.
- Loss mitigation program configuration wizard – This enables business analysts to easily add and configure new programs directly into the application whether they’re government, investor or bank sponsored, and to rapidly modify eligibility rules for existing programs.
- Simultaneously pursuing multiple loss mitigation programs – Multiple, distinct mitigation programs may be pursued for the borrower at the same time, with all programs tracked within the same parent "case," allowing clients to manage mitigation holistically and minimize portfolio losses.
- Pegasystems’ award-winning SmartBPM® platform – Contains a number of world-class case management and intelligent process automation for end-to-end visibility, control and work automation such as robust work management, service level management, audit trails, guided end-user processing, automated correspondence, document management, and unified rules engine for decision support. Highly agile, business-friendly technology and design studio allows organizations to rapidly adapt to changing market conditions and regulations.
Craig Focardi, senior research director, banking TowerGroup
"Servicers are at a crossroad when it comes to investing in loss mitigation software. TowerGroup believes that servicers need to leverage business process management technology with an integrated rules engine to speed up processing, strip out costs, reduce errors, and minimize losses in the end-to-end loss mitigation value chain."
Tony Young, Principal – Financial Services Industry Solutions, Pegasystems
"The rules and regulations in the lending industry have changed, and will likely continue to change. Mortgage servicers need technology that allows them to quickly adapt to meet new and changing programs’ requirements, so that they can continue to deliver high-quality customer service while reducing operating costs and mitigating losses. Our market-leading BPM technology and Loan loss Mitigation Solution provide a compelling option for mortgage servicers to increase work automation, improve efficiency in their mortgage servicing operations and become better prepared for the next generation of loss mitigation programs."
- To learn more about the solution, visit: https://www.pega.com/Industries/financial-services/loan-loss-mitigation.asp
- To see a data sheet on the product, visit: https://www.pega.com/content/document.asp?ci=587
- To hear a podcast with Tony Young, visit: https://www.pega.com/content/rss/podcast/bfcd/?a=44
Tags, Keywords: Pegasystems, PEGA, SmartBPM, CRM, TowerGroup, Business Process Management, BPM, mortgage lending, loan loss mitigation, loan workout, foreclosure management, short sales
Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) develops strategic applications for marketing, sales, service, and operations. Pega’s applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega’s Global 3000 customers include many of the world’s most sophisticated and successful enterprises. Pega’s applications, available in the cloud or on-premises, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients’ strategic business needs. Pega’s clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use, and global scale. For more information, please visit us at www.pega.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The information contained in this press release is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Pegasystems, Pegasystems specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.
Lisa Pintchman Rogers
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584
One Rogers St.
Cambridge, MA 02142
Phone +1 617-374-9600
Fax +1 617-374-9620