Pegasystems Addresses Growing Enterprise Demand for Cloud Computing With Enhanced All-in-One BPM Cloud Offering
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – December 14, 2010 – Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA), the leader in business process management (BPM) solutions, today announced enhancements for its Pega Cloud for BPM offering to meet the increased demands that today’s organizations have for enterprise cloud computing. Pega Cloud for BPM addresses many of the concerns that organizations have traditionally expressed around security and integration in the cloud. Pega Cloud now delivers its industry-leading BPM suite and dynamic case management capabilities with world-class, 24x7 managed services and support, while also offering out-of-the-box integration to existing data centers.
Unlike most cloud BPM offerings that only provide the ability to model solutions, Pega Cloud for BPM has all the capabilities of Pegasystems’ award-winning SmartBPM® platform to both design and run BPM solutions on-demand. Pega Cloud for BPM avoids the need to procure, install, and maintain IT infrastructure that significantly adds to project costs and implementation time. Pricing starts at $155 per user, per month.
Pega Cloud enables organizations to start small and grow with Pegasystems Build for Change® technology in their departmental or enterprise BPM projects, eliminating deployment concerns that often stall BPM projects. Pega Cloud empowers clients to move their solution from the cloud to an on-premise solution if they wish to do so, without locking them into only running their applications on the cloud. Pega Cloud also helps address deployment concerns typically associated with the cloud by meeting stringent security and regulatory requirements, enabling any organization to quickly implement mission-critical business process automation solutions, while also providing data center level scalability.
Highlights & Key Facts:
Pega Cloud for BPM packages all of the features that enterprises require, including:
- On-demand BPMS with complete managed services infrastructure, 24x7 monitoring and support. By extending the managed services to encompass all Pega technology, customers are better able to start projects more quickly.
- Unparalleled security and reliability that delivers a 99.95 percent service level agreement (SLA) while also meeting regulatory requirements, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Payment Card Industry and Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), and the European Data Privacy Directive.
- Out-of-the-box integration to existing data centers through Pegasystems services and connectors that ensure that Pega Cloud for BPM solutions integrate with existing in-house applications.
- Application portability that provides customers with the choice between running their solutions on the cloud or on-premise, anytime throughout the application lifecycle, enabling organizations to adapt to ongoing business requirements.
Quotes & Commentary:
“Nearly one out of five companies who are improving their business processes with BPM are using public or private cloud services to support at least one of their business processes,” said Michele Cantara, Research Vice President at Gartner. “Adoption of BPM cloud technologies is growing. Companies that might not have considered cloud solutions a year ago are considering using BPMS as a service, when the cloud service provider is able to ensure security, address country-level data location regulations, offer true pay-as-you-go pricing, integration with core on-premise systems, and on-premise and cloud deployment options. Process simplification and the move to shared service centers is fueling demand for BPMS cloud-enabled platforms to support private cloud deployments. “
“Our clients use us for demanding, mission critical applications in highly regulated industries, and they need to be sure that any cloud application they run meets the strictest of requirements,” said Alan Trefler, Founder and CEO of Pegasystems. “Pega Cloud for BPM provides our clients with an unparalleled combination of security, performance and flexibility, enabling them to design, build and run business applications that deliver rapid time-to-value at a fraction of the costs of traditional deployments. This year alone, our customers and partners have already built more than 200 applications with Pega Cloud, while we delivered 100 percent service availability.”
- For more information on Pega Cloud for BPM, please visit: www.pegacloud.com.
- For a two minute video overview of Pega Cloud, please visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyys076hGps
- To listen to a podcast discussion on healthcare privacy on the cloud, please visit: https://www.pega.com/resources/healthcare-privacy-in-the-cloud-amazon-and-pega-discuss
Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) develops strategic applications for marketing, sales, service, and operations. Pega’s applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega’s Global 3000 customers include many of the world’s most sophisticated and successful enterprises. Pega’s applications, available in the cloud or on-premises, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients’ strategic business needs. Pega’s clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use, and global scale. For more information, please visit us at www.pega.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The information contained in this press release is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Pegasystems, Pegasystems specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.
Lisa Pintchman Rogers
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584
One Rogers St.
Cambridge, MA 02142
Phone +1 617-374-9600
Fax +1 617-374-9620