Breakthrough Investigation Handling and Cash Reporting with SmartBPM™ Platform; New Suite of Solution Frameworks Announced
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Aug. 23, 2005 — Using SmartBPM™ as a platform and adding 22 years of banking experience, Pegasystems Inc. (Nasdaq: PEGA) today announced five new solution frameworks. These frameworks further enable banking customers to optimize their use of SmartBPM across the enterprise, and take advantage of the real-time feedback provided by PegaRULES Process Commander®.
- Smart Investigate for Payments 4.2 is the newest release of Pegasystems' market-leading payment investigations solution. Certified by SWIFT as a SWIFTNet Exceptions and Investigations (E&I) solution, it leverages new XML message and business process standards. The solution also offers added intelligence for intent-led process automation.
- SWIFTNet Exceptions and Investigations 4.2 is a new standalone solution for straight-through processing (STP) of investigations initiated using SWIFTNet E&I standard messages. The framework complements and adds value to existing investigation systems, allowing banks to benefit from technology advancements without migrating current systems.
- SWIFTNet Cash Reporting 4.2 is a new solution framework for real-time reporting of account and transaction data within and between financial institutions and corporate customers, leveraging new SWIFTNet XML message and business process standards. The framework helps companies achieve improved liquidity management (higher interest, lower overdraft costs), real-time exception processing and reduced financial risk.
- Self-Service for Smart Investigate 4.2 is another new solution framework allowing banks to differentiate their cash management service by offering corporate customers access to the reporting and processing capabilities of Smart Investigate for Payments. The framework further extends those capabilities beyond the bank's back office to its branches and call centers for improved service.
- Smart Investigate for Securities 4.2 is a new solution that makes Pegasystems' best-in-class exceptions management capabilities available to securities firms for the first time. It can also be deployed as an extension to Smart Investigate for Payments to provide a broad exceptions backbone for the institution.
"We continue to innovate by developing new solutions that make it easy for customers to achieve quick wins in their adoption of SmartBPM technology. New SWIFTNet message and process standards offer banks the opportunity to dramatically increase their investigations STP. Pegasystems' rules-driven solutions build on our historical successes and embrace these new standards, helping customers gain agility for sustained competitive advantage," commented Jay Sherry, Vice President of Marketing and Solution Development, Pegasystems.
Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) develops strategic applications for marketing, sales, service, and operations. Pega’s applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega’s Global 3000 customers include many of the world’s most sophisticated and successful enterprises. Pega’s applications, available in the cloud or on-premises, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients’ strategic business needs. Pega’s clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use, and global scale. For more information, please visit us at www.pega.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The information contained in this press release is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Pegasystems, Pegasystems specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.
Lisa Pintchman Rogers
VP, Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
Sr. Manager, Public Relations
Director, Corporate Communications
+44 (0) 118 9651 660
PR & Communications Manager
+44 (0) 118 9398 584
One Rogers St.
Cambridge, MA 02142
Phone +1 617-374-9600
Fax +1 617-374-9620