Sr. Information Architect
Sr. Information Architect
Help teams define success metrics, goals and testable hypotheses, and plan research activities as a core member of our growing UX team. This is a hands-on role, where you will define information architecture and taxonomies, conduct user research, make recommendations and provide insights, and help teams transform these outputs into prioritized work for the development team.
In this role, you will:
- Moderate usability studies in our Cambridge office, or setting up unmoderated studies using Validately or TryMyUI
- Help build an internal participant database to help recruit for studies
- Work with external recruiters and facilities to plan moderated usability studies and formative research (interviews, contextual inquiry, etc.)
- Present results from testing to executives and developers, and maintaining a repository of test reports
- Educate other teams on usability and user-centered design methods and enabling teams to explore basic research activities on their own
- Help to create a federated taxonomy across our global websites, and validating it through online and in-person testing tools (Optimal Workshop, usability studies, etc)
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
You have a strong background in user research and validation methods, a love for solving big problems, and a wicked sense of humor under pressure. You understand what makes a good survey question or usability task, and you can help stakeholders craft and prioritize effective studies. You're looking to work on high-profile projects with fun, passionate people, in an environment where you are constantly growing your skills. In addition, you enjoy educating others about research, providing user insights to both developers and executives, and mentoring junior members of the team.
- 7-9 years of experience with a variety of testing and research methods (contextual inquiry, usability testing, tree tests, card sorts, surveys, etc.)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Anthropology, or other comparable social science degree
- Strong understanding of the why behind the what, a passion for digital experiences, and a commitment to growing and developing as a researcher
- Ability to manage projects end to end: develop scripts and screeners, moderate, analyze, synthesize and deliver results
- Proven success in working with end-users, customers, product management, and developers
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple high-profile projects in a fast-paced organization
- Proven ability to mentor colleagues on usability and user-centered design (UCD) principles
- Ability to travel as necessary
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge in the software industry and how developers learn new technologies
- Strong technical background or ability to understand complex technical concepts
- Ability to collaborate on mockups, wire frames, and clickable prototypes in Axure for rapid, iterative testing and design improvement.
- Extensive experience with Agile software development and Scrum
- Knowledge of web accessibility
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics
Pegasystems Inc. is a leader in software that streamlines business and enhances customer engagement in Global 3000 organizations. With more than 30 years of proven innovation, Pega seamlessly connects organizations with their customers across multiple channels in real time using market-leading CRM, advanced artificial intelligence, and powerful automation. Pega’s adaptive, cloud-architected applications – built on its unified Pega® Platform – empower people with comprehensive visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet strategic business needs. For information about benefits and culture, click here.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer,
Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information,
veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [email protected].
Labor Condition Applications