Senior Java Developer (Execution Engine)
In this position you will work in Core Engine product area providing highly scalable, low latency, high throughput Java frameworks & APIs powering Pega platform. This includes Java execution engine for running model-based components as well as managing shared state in clustered environments and ensuring system resiliency. The team consists of seasoned developers and works with a local Product Owner.
As a Senior Java Developer you will:
- Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate feature requirements into software deliverables
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software
- Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities
- Leverage Java and Pega’s platform for optimal development capabilities
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools
- Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team
Senior Java Developer at Pega:
We are looking for engineers who combines energy, creativity and drive with a deep understanding of best-in-class industry practices to evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with core Java
- Solid understanding of, and practical experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Experience building highly scalable multi-user software applications
- Experience with Java threading model and concurrency best practices
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of distributed systems and/or cloud native system design principles
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to work within Scrum Methodology
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan and develop new features
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact on the world’s market-leading organizations.
- Working with variety of technologies in a company which follows the newest trends in the IT market.
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- Many opportunities of development – an extensive on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices for a few weeks.
- Attractive salary and package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more).
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours - in a very hi-tech new office with chill and game rooms!
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives.
Pegasystems develops strategic applications for sales, marketing, service and operations. Pega's applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega's Global 3000 customers include the world's largest and most sophisticated enterprises. Pega's applications, available on-premises or in the cloud, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients' strategic business needs. Pega's clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use and global scale. For information about benefits and culture, https://www.pega.com/about/careers/benefits-and-culture
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from all suitably qualified applicants.
Our GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice is available here
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice