This policy sets out what information we collect during our application and recruitment process, why we collect it, how we use it and how you can access your information.
Types of information collected
We collect and produce the following information from applicants and candidates during our recruitment process:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, work experience, other relevant experience, and other information you provide to us in support of an application;
- Information from interviews and screenings you may have;
- Details of the type of role you are looking for, current salary and salary expectations, and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Results of the Predictive Index survey, where relevant;
- Any sensitive information obtained during the application or recruitment process, such as gender, nationality, citizenship, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks, including information provided by third parties; and/or
- Information relating to any previous applications to Pegasystems and/or any previous employment history with Pegasystems.
How we use information we collect
Your information will be used by Pegasystems for the purpose of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Pegasystems;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Reviewing Pegasystems’ application and recruitment practices, including diversity monitoring; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests.
If you are offered and accept employment with Pegasystems, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Who may have access to your information
- Your information may be shared with other entities within the Pegasystems group of companies in the United States and other countries. If you have been referred for a job at Pegasystems by one of our employees we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let them know the outcome of the process. If it is identified that you have education or employment history in common with a current Pegasystems employee, we may consult with that employee for feedback on you.
- Pegasystems may also use service providers acting on its behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of background checks. These service providers may not be located in the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- Pegasystems may also be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as local labour authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations or in response to legal process.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to Pegasystems.
- Pegasystems is a global company, which means that your information may be stored or processed outside the country where it was collected including in the United States. As described in our Privacy Shield certification https://www.privacyshield.gov/, we comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as specified by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Pegasystems Inc has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. Pegasystems remains liable for any of your personal information that is shared under the Onward Transfer Principle with third parties for external processing on our behalf, as described above. To learn more about the EU-US Privacy Shield programme, and to view Pegasystems’ certification, please visit the Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov/. Pegasystems is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC). If you have any questions about our privacy practices, we encourage you to contact EMEA.HR@pega.com. You may also refer a complaint to your local data protection authority and we will work with them to resolve your concern. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
Pegasystems takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
Pegasystems may retain your information to consider you for other jobs at Pegasystems which you may be interested in in the future. If you do not want us to retain your information, or want us to update it, please contact EMEA.HR@pega.com. Please note, however, that some information may be retained if required by law.
Accessing your information
Please contact EMEA.HR@pega.com if you would like access to your information.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time and changes will appear on this page.
Last updated 31 January 2017