Cloud AWS Developer - Senior Software Engineer
Pega is expanding its Cloud Engineering & Operations organization due to explosive growth and has an opportunity available for a Senior or Principle Engineer in Service Reliability and Engineering (SRE). Candidate will be responsible for mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems and applications are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use experience of being an expert generalist in operations to work closely with our development and support teams from the initial stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues and aid continuous improvements. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an technical operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, hands on with incident, change and problem management, ability to turn issues/requirements into automated solutions and he/she will champion automation and believes is the key component to operating large-scale systems and championing Customer Experience.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, contribute and effectively champion Pega Cloud Services to our esteem Customers across the Globe
- Contribute, as an active and engaged member, to the broader Pega Technology community
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Differentiating factor offered by the specific team with which this position works
Service Reliability Engineers (SRE) at Pega will lead the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems and applications are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
Qualifications will include:
- Extensive experience in AWS Cloud formation, DynamoDB.
- Very strong experience in Java J2ee
- Extensive experience in Java programming skills, data structures and multi-threading.
- Should be very strong at Min. two frameworks.
- Understanding of IAAS, PAAS and SAAS Cloud computing models including clear exposure to enterprise architectures.
- Expertise identifying opportunities for Automation there by developing tools to improve our ability to scale and serve effectively, monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Performance management across the stack or any of the stack component (DB, OS, Cloud, Network, Middleware).
- Network/Security troubleshooting skills on TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, Middleware will be an added advantage.
- AWS Lambda function development, GIT / Github usage, Integration with REST based API gateway.
- Experience of software development with one or more programming languages / scripts (Python/ Shell and Java)
- Familiarity with CI/CD, scalable / high performance cloud service is a plus(CICD Tools: Cloud Bees, Jenkin).
- No rotational shifts
About Pegasystems Inc.
Pegasystems develops strategic applications for sales, marketing, service and operations. Pega's applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega's Global 500 customers include the world's largest and most sophisticated enterprises. Pega's applications, available on-premises or in the cloud, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients' strategic business needs. Pega's clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use and global scale.
We are Pegasystems – dedicated to streamlining business and enhancing customer engagement. Our Global 3000 customers rely on our dynamic, strategic applications to drive excellence in their sales, marketing, service, and operations. We seamlessly connect our customers with their customers across channels, in real-time.
Our Adaptive, cloud-architected applications – built on our unified Pega® Platform empower people with comprehensive visual tools to extend and change applications to meet strategic business needs. The market leader in business process management solutions and a leading provider of CRM solutions. For more information visit us at www.pega.com.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice