Summer Intern - Performance Engineer
Pega’s strategy requires frictionless client experiences deploying, scaling and running production workloads on our as-a-Service architecture. Highly performant and resilient software is critical to the success of this strategy. Pega’s Performance and Resilience Engineering Team—performance, reliability, and chaos engineers—guide service owners and verify that individual services and the distributed system as a whole is production-ready.
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll help us take the performance and resiliency of our platform to the next level. This is your chance to get your hands on our leading-edge technology and grow within the team to become an expert in whichever direction you want to progress! You will get a chance to learn something new every day and influence the way our company tests performance and resiliency of our systems.
- Be a part of validating process that product architecture and implementation holds up against real-world high availability considerations – random failures, usage spikes, zero-downtime upgrades, database slowness etc.
- Work with other teams to help define steady state of the microservices that they are building and to improve the “production readiness” of a service
- Co-design failure experiments (chaos) that can be run on a service in both controlled and production environments to measure deviation from the steady state
- Learn best practices for writing high performance code
- Build, maintain and improve the Performance and Resiliency Test Lab
You have software engineering background and you show initiative, think independently and value teamwork. You love improving everything and have interest in performance and resiliency testing.
You need to be:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree student or graduate
- An example of initiative and autonomy at work
- Good skills in Java, JVM internals, relational or nosql databases and willingness to develop yourself in those
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash or Python
- Object-oriented programming and analytical skills, knowledge of algorithms, data structures
- Knowledge about key factors affecting software performance
- Knowledge of software running in the Cloud (AWS), Devops, Kubernetes and Microservices
- Devops experience and mindset
- Good command of English
- Three-months (July – September) paid internship with a possibility to get a regular job offer
- Possibility to gain first professional experience in a quickly growing international IT company
- A highly collaborative environment for designing and development of new ideas and features
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Chance to learn new technologies and develop existed skills with guidance and assistance of an experienced mentor from the team
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- An awesome hi-tech new office located in Bonarka4Business Center – we are sure that you will enjoy our chillout and game rooms and you will take part in our social and sport initiatives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.