Senior Curriculum Developer
Pega’s Curriculum Team is seeking a highly motivated senior technical Curriculum Developer to help us implement a new vision for world-class training content development. This team is accountable for enabling our large ecosystem of customers, partners, and internal consultants on our technology so that they can successfully implement projects yielding customer success. This team is responsible for creating role-based training content ranging from business users to very technical developers. This group works collaboratively with the Technical Documentation team, product owners, and various subject matter experts to create new ways of developing and delivering best-in-class content that users want to engage with.
In this position, you will write convincing business scenarios. You will describe to someone not just how to do something but how to do it well. You will engage our learners with crafted content that conveys concepts and processes in an impactful, engaging and memorable way. At the same time, you will deliver rapidly and on time, and according to established standards and guidelines. You will work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic environment, where you will work hard, and just as importantly, will enjoy what you do.
- Gain deep knowledge of Pega Robotics product offerings.
- Design and author new training content to close enablement gaps.
- Analyze the most effective content update approach.
- Conduct content peer reviews to ensure adherence to high standards.
- Conduct end-to-end exercise testing and regression-test all courseware exercises on new release versions.
- Provide thought-leadership to fellow team members and contributing members of the cross-functional organization, across business and technical project dimensions, in the design of training solutions.
- Research and validate bug and enhancement requests to existing curriculum.
- Develop applications and lab exercises to support courseware development.
- Ensure that assignments are completed within the committed time frame. Attend all Agile/Scrum ceremonies and update project tracking tool to reflect current work status.
- Perform other assignments as required.
You have a strong technical background along with experience in the design and development of instructional material. You are also familiar with application development processes and tasks. You are someone who wants to constantly learn new skills at a quick pace to keep up with product feature enhancements and changes in the team’s design and development processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4-7 years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Instructional Design, or 6+ years of experience with a non-related degree or equivalent on the job experience.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, with proven ability to communicate and clearly present technical information to others.
- Understanding of object-oriented design and programming principles.
- Experience building applications in a Windows based programming language such as .NET or Visual C++. Referable course design and development knowledge or experience with software technical and training content, which includes instructional materials, technical documentation and supporting solution applications.
- Proficient working knowledge of project implementation methodologies such as Scrum and related project management tools.
- Ability to build and deliver learning content according to priority and scope set by Product Owner.
- Familiarity with structured authoring (XML, HTML5).
- Experience working in virtualized software environments (VMWare, VirtualBox, etc).
- Working knowledge of robotic automation technologies and software.
- Scrum Master certification a plus.
A rapidly growing yet well-established business. The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients. Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market. Ability to keep your technical and content development skills by learning and working with Pegasystems’ leading technology products, and by staying current with trends in adult learning education.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.