User Support Technician
As a member of the User Support team, you will play a pivotal role in helping the Pega employees / contractors, respond to service requests through Service Management system and walk ups when necessary. Primary request area includes; Laptop Tech Refresh and Hardware Returns, Mobile phone deployment and Audio Video meeting support. Possible travel to European offices and global or European events.
As a User Support Technician, you provide timely response and resolution for internal technical support requests. Primary request areas include; HW and SW troubleshooting, ‘how to’, installations, and new employee/equipment setup. Image new and existing hardware pre-deployment, setup user profiles and assist with data migration as needed. Desk setup for the local users and maintaining IT infrastructure.
- Image new and existing hardware pre-deployment, setup user profiles and assist with data migration as needed.
- Follow established procedures for imaging, hardware deployment, software installation, password resets, media distribution, loaner equipment, customer handling and escalation protocols.
- Troubleshoot network (TCP/IP) client configuration and connectivity issues primarily for email, printer access, VPN, and WIFI and escalating to Network Operations.
- Offer Tier 2 technical support to other members of the Help Desk staff.
- Handle advanced troubleshooting calls.
- Work with Systems Administrators and other members of the IT team on internal projects when necessary.
- Participate in both local and global projects.
- Possible hands-on and assistance with our network teams to deploy or change hardware.
Are you currently considered the go-to person in your current technical support organization? We are looking for you – a top performer who possess a broad range of technical troubleshooting skills, is comfortable working with end-users in pressure situations, and demonstrates the desire for continuous learning and development. You take ownership of tasks at hand and IT infrastructure of the local office.
- Gained hands on experience in Laptop build process supporting Windows & Mac OS.
- 2-3 Years’ experience in desktop support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Office, Visio, Project, Outlook, etc.) and working knowledge of Active Directory roles.
- Knowledge of Apple Macintosh Operating Systems (MacOsx) and Applications.
- Exposure to PC/Mac hardware, troubleshooting and repair.
- Exposure to desktop support utilities such as Symantec anti-virus and spyware removal tools.
- Knowledge of VPN, WIFI and other remote access methods.
- Knowledge on mobile devices.
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment.
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.