Senior Systems Engineer
We are seeking a Senior-level Systems Engineer with strong database and system administration skills to provide technical support as a member of the Platform and Database Support Team. This individual should be comfortable taking on lead responsibilities. Additionally, this individual will need to possess strong organizational, project management, and communications skills and be comfortable leading cross functional initiatives.
You are a team player, able to work both independently and in a group setting in a high-paced ever-changing environment. You are a quick learner and have the basic necessary system administration skills required to begin working on tasks and projects immediately while learning the environment specifics.
Qualifications will include:
- System administration experience
- Working knowledge of database structures
- Communication, organization and time management skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies quickly and apply to the work environment
You will be administering hundreds of databases across multiple platforms, and managing over 150 development, test and production multi-node applications in a highly-available environment. You will be implementing new, more efficient, automated processes to free up resources, increase productivity, engage with R&D and become more streamline while maintaining the current infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools (such as Jenkins, Git, Docker)
- Experience with database technologies (including SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Operating Systems (including Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service and verbal skills
- Experience with J2EE architecture and applications servers including Apache/Tomcat
- PRPC System administration experience and training
- Cloud administration and management (including MS Azure and AWS)
- Scripting and process automation skills
- Beneficial but not essential experience with Oracle Data Guard, MS SQL AlwaysOn Availability and other replication and availability skills
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
- Opportunity to learn new technologies in a rapidly changing environment
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.