Systems Engineer - Cloud
Meet Our Team:
Service Reliability Implementation team is part of Service Reliability Team and is involved in provisioning and upgrading applications hosted on Pega Cloud Services. This team works 24X7 and are situated across the regions. This team is responsible for infrastructure upgrades, platform upgrades, provisioning and decommissioning following the standard process.
This team works directly with clients, internal teams and stakeholders to achieve the common goal of customer success.
This team is skilled in AWS Cloud, Linux OS, Middleware, Scripting and Automation like Python and Shell scripting, Networking, Java / JEE fundamentals, DevOps Tools and Technologies.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega has enhanced the way clients can manage and use their application, in this role you will be helping the customer achieve their application performance and usability to top notch quality with world class support. Leverage and learn new technical skills being part of service reliability team.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Handle all Service Requests, Changes and release to resolve them within agreed SLA
- Perform Provisioning of new environments and Upgrade of the Product
- Work with Engineering towards resolving issues in the execution of the upgrade/provisioning activities
- Participate in testing of pre-release product enhancement testing with Engineering
- Work on automation and proactively build solutions win team to enhance the current process.
- Provide feedback on bugs and customer experience enhancements
- Look out for opportunities to streamline the current process.
Who You Are:
You are a member of Service Reliability team who is skilled Cloud, OS, Middleware and DevOps Technologies.
- 3 - 5 years of Hosting and/or Cloud operations, NOC production support experience
- Managing Servers and application stack in Cloud preferably in PaaS, SaaS in any of the environments such as AWS, Open Stack and/or Azure
- Experience working in Cloud based Infrastructure–DB, Application,OS, Network, Support
- Experience in geographically distributed systems
- Intermediate experience in configuration automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet )
- Intermediate level experience on Linux OS
- Intermediate to expert level experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Tomcat, Cassandra, Kafka
- Good if knowledgeable on basic DB troubleshooting skills on PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
- Ability to multi-task and work during crisis situations
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good understanding of ITIL process specifically – Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and Escalations
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Configuring and Managing Pega Cloud Hosted customer application and services.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing the issues across the Cloud, Middleware and DevOps Stack
- Partner with internal clients, like Security, Provisioning, Product Support to align business goals with implementation results.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.