Senior System Architect
Senior System Architect I – Pega Consulting India
Location: Hyderabad/Bangalore, IN
Meet Our Team:
Pega Consulting India (PCI) is a 120+ member team and works out of both Bangalore & Hyderabad location. This is a rapidly growing team which works on Pega implementations for clients in North American, APAC and EMEA. The team comes under Doug Lachman who is the Senior Regional Delivery Director for the NA region.
As a member of the Pega Consulting India team, you will work closely with our project teams and clients to ensure that the technical architecture of the delivered solution matches the client’s requirements. This team plays a valuable role in the end-to-end architecture, solutions and design features on Pega product and applications. They work directly with our clients and Pega development as well as Experience Design teams to drive the design and development of product implementations.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. Pega Consulting India (PCI) team works with our end customers to determine their business requirements and develops solutions for these requirements using the Pega platform and frameworks. PCI team works closely with our US/APAC/EMEA counterparts and ensures that our customer has a quality solution within their budget. In an enterprise world filled with poor design and implementation, we’re looking to you to help save our Fortune 500 clients! You will provide thought leadership and Pega-specific application design guidance on multiple client-facing implementation projects.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Responsible for the development of the Pega applications, integration, and project workflow of various Pega projects including requirements gathering and designing, reviewing, and architecture using Pega Platform.
- Responsible for Upgrade effort estimation, work allocation, and project tracking
- Responsible for providing Upgrade Oversight to the application development team and executing platform upgrades.
- Solve technical problems during Platform Upgrades, development, and deployment of applications using Pega products.
- Communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of internal/external users and stakeholders
- Ability to handle constructive criticisms and feedback and to positively apply this feedback
- Ability to explain the reasoning behind the architectural decision based on enterprise and industry best practices
- Excellent communication, interviewing, and collaborative skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated polished and professional demeanour
- Ability to demonstrate to the stakeholders, the power of using Pega OOTB in meeting business objectives
- Additionally, you are expected to:
- Demonstrates urgency and initiative in achieving top quality results
- Practice “active listening” and “constructive conflict” to exercise ideas and ensure alignment, and evolve their opinions
- Understands the true nature (and consequences) of needs – never settles for “requirements”
- Ensures two-way communication on what’s good and what needs improvement
- Proactively reports issues ASAP but still owns the outcome (never over-escalates)
Who You Are:
A highly technical, hands-on, motivated and collaborative individual with exceptional communication skills and proven experience working with diverse teams of technical architects, business users, and IT teams. You have a history of working in customer organizations on all phases of the software development life-cycle.
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions
- Hands-on Pega Platform Upgrade Experience is MUST.
- Experience specified must include 3 years of experience in each of the following: all phases of software development including design, configuration, testing, debugging, implementation, and support of large-scale, business-centric and process-based applications; WebSphere, Tomcat or WebLogic, J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, or Java), .Net, Oracle and/or DB2 and MS/SQL, PostgreSQL; leading teams using Agile and Scrum methodologies at Team Lead level
- Requires certifications in Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC) System Architect (CSA), PRPC Senior System Architect (CSSA).
- Experience in Data Migration post Upgrade is a PLUS.
- 75% Travel, if need be.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.