Senior Software Engineer - Big Data
In this position you will work in one of our product teams, which provides capabilities that enable customers to model their specific data processing pipelines and execute these against massive volumes of data with high throughput and low latency on a cluster of machines. The team works with core Pega platform which allows customers to build end-user solutions by themselves.
This role involves working with cutting-edge technologies for distributed big data storage (Cassandra, S3). You will have the opportunity to work on features for data processing pipelines that read and write from various kinds of storage platforms taking into account resiliency and horizontal scalability. There will be exposure to a bunch of DevOps and Cloud technologies, as well as multi-node, clustered environments. You will become a part of a technically mature and well-integrated team.
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document new features, including the design and development of high-quality software
- Leverage Java and Pega’s platform for optimal development capabilities
- Provide technical assistance to advance the capabilities of products and resolve complex issues
You are a successful communicator and collaborator, who will be responsible for development and enhancements of our products. In addition to your technical skillset, we will value acting as a self-starter who exhibits creativity, hustle, integrity and teamwork. You also have:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- +5 year of professional Java development experience
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Experience with distributed source control system (Git)
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems
- Very good English skills
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Solid understanding of multi-threading and concurrency
- Solid understanding of and practical experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
It would be an asset if you have experience with/ knowledge of the following:
- High-throughput, low latency computing in Java
- Cassandra and/or other NoSQL databases
- AWS and/or other cloud providers
- Open source development experience
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs
- Many opportunities of development – internal and external trainings
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours
- Attractive salary and package (Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more)
- Feeling the power of social spirit by working in our very hi-tech new office - Pega supports many team and sports initiatives and we are sure that you will enjoy spending your time in our relax and game rooms!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.