Cloud Operations Engineer
Meet Our Team:
You will be part of expanding Cloud Site Reliability Engineering & Operations organization. Site Reliability Team ensures that Pega Cloud Service is always available, reliable, and up-to-date. We work with one of the biggest and hottest brands in the world helping them focus on their business while we take care of technology that powers them.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will be responsible for monitoring, alerting and handling service requests, incidents and change requests. In addition to this you will be qualifying received Incidents, Alerts and Service Requests as well as resolving issues as quickly as possible including timely handover of the incidents to engineer in next geolocation in follow the sun model and keeping customers informed about their Incidents status at agreed intervals.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Handle all Service Requests, Incidents, Alerts and change requests within SLA
- Perform Investigation and/or troubleshooting of Incidents
- Monitor Alerts with NOC monitoring Tools
- Manage Alert Monitoring and Ticketing Queue to resolve issues within SLA
- Create SOP to resolve the problem and ensure process adherence
- Resolve challenging issues and manage escalations
- Help other team members resolve more complex issues
- Build tools to automate day-to-day operation
Who You Are:
You are a solid front and back-end engineer with a compelling technical support background. You excel at best practices and will be able to complete the Pega SysAdmin course and the PRPC System Architect Certification within 30 and 90 days of being hired. Candidate should have good technical and support background in 24*7 production support environment.
What You've Accomplished:
- Experience of Hosting and/or Cloud operations, NOC production support experience
- Managing Servers in Cloud environment preferably in PaaS, SaaS
- Knowledge of Cloud based infrastructure
- Experience in geographically distributed systems
- Expert Linux, DB, App and Web tier troubleshooting skills
- Expert network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
- Ability to multi-task and work during production crisis situations
- Good understanding of ITIL process specifically – Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and Escalations
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Support coverage in shift – 8*5 including weekends on rotating schedule
- Work on-site, no telecommuting
Pega Offers You:
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients.
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market.
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- Many opportunities of development – an extensive on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices for a few weeks.
- Attractive salary and benefits package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more).
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment - in a very hi-tech new office with chillout and games rooms!
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.