Senior Technical Documentation Specialist
Meet Our Team:
The Technical Documentation team at Pega delivers product documentation in lock step with product releases. This team is accountable for content development, milestone reporting, delivery of high-quality documentation, and successful customer enablement for the specified products or areas of a product.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The Technical Documentation Specialist is responsible for authoring supporting technical documentation that describes a Pega application. This content, in the form of online knowledgebase articles, user guides, and context-sensitive product Help, must address the needs of multiple audiences, including business users and technical implementers, enabling them to fully utilize the technology to solve their business problems. The Technical Documentation Specialist will work with stakeholders across the organization to determine a documentation plan and then execute on that plan by authoring and publishing well written, effective, and use-case based content.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Design and implement comprehensive documentation solutions, for your assigned product area, to support product releases, including scope definition, requirements analysis, documentation plan design, hands-on analysis and testing and content authoring and publication
- Provide thought-leadership to fellow team members and contributing members of the cross-functional organization, across business and technical project dimensions, in the design and implementation of technical documentation solutions
- Work directly with project stake-holders to achieve agreement that the proposed deliverables satisfy the required business needs
- Determine the best format (user guide, Help, knowledgebase article, and so on) to present information to support customer success
- Evaluate software products and provide feedback to Product Management and Development teams as appropriate to improve internal functions and usability
- Identify and make recommendations for process and tool improvements that increase the efficiency and productivity of the technical documentation team and provide leadership to contribute to their successful implementation
Who You Are:
- The ideal candidate has demonstrable technical writing and editing skills with the ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively. He/she can organize and present a range of technical material to a variety of audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with object-oriented software development concepts and technologies such as J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, Java), SOAP, MQSeries and .NET Framework
- Demonstrable technical writing and editing skills; ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively
- Ability to organize and present a range of technical material to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of and experience with both print and online authoring tools
- Ability to independently manage a technical documentation project, including development and execution of a comprehensive documentation plan
- Proficiency with current technology-based tools and processes
- Ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to adapt work methods in response to changing priorities
Pega Offers You:
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Ability to keep your technical and content development skills by learning and working with Pegasystems’ leading technology products, and by staying current with trends in adult learning education
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.