Principal Technical Documentation Specialist
Meet Our Team:
UI Engineering in the Pega Hyderabad office while being one of the oldest and most mature groups in Pega, is also one of the most innovative and fast-moving groups. Working across multiple teams, we deliver and support a large array of features that enable our customers to provide for consumer-grade user experiences for their end users.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll use your talent for clarifying complex jargon infested stuff and producing clear, concise, and engaging content. This is your chance to get your hands dirty working on leading technologies and solving interesting problems.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
You’ll create content for PDN (Pega Developer Network), which is our fun and engaging online learning platform. Your audiences will be end users , and administrators and developers who are installing and customizing Industries applications. You’ll collaborate closely with product managers, customer success managers, and writers in the US.
You already know, from years of experience, that being a technical writer involves:
- Asking plenty of questions so you understand not just how something works, but why it matters to the people using it.
- Serving as the voice of our users and figuring out the best way to get them the information they need when and where they need it.
- Digging into the stuff you’re writing about so you understand not just how it works, but why it matters to the people using it.
- Writing in the style that is most suitable for its audience.
Who You Are:
- You have the flexibility and openness to adopt our team's style, processes, and practices, but aren’t afraid to suggest improvements that will benefit our team.
- Enjoy working closely as part of a team, have the people and communication skills to do that well, and you can carve out focused time in a busy day to get work done independently.
- You are comfortable participating in cross-functional team meetings, at times dealing with the challenges of time zones.
- You enjoy digging into technology and troubleshooting issues independently.
- You are persistent, and creative when it’s necessary, about getting the information needed to get the job done.
- You have the required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or an English degree
- Superb English writing skills
- 14 years of experience with technical writing and editing
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Great people and communication skills
- Focus on quality and details
- Strong team player
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Led or participated in complex technical projects as a Tech Writer to come up with clear, concise and effective documentation and other content.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.