Senior Technical Documentation Specialist
Meet Our Team:
Pega’s Technical Documentation Team is seeking a highly motivated Technical Documentation Specialist to help us set a new vision for world-class content and documentation development. This position will be accountable for user and developer content development, milestone reporting, delivery of high-quality documentation and successful customer enablement results.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The Technical Documentation Specialist is responsible for authoring supporting technical documentation that describes the Pega Customer Service application. This content, in the form of online knowledgebase articles, user guides, and context-sensitive product Help, must address the needs of the multiple audiences, including business users and technical implementers, enabling them to fully utilize the technology to solve their business problems. The Technical Documentation Specialist will work with stakeholders across the organization to determine a documentation plan and then execute on that plan by authoring and publishing well written, effective, use-case based content.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Design and implement comprehensive documentation solutions, for your assigned product area, to support product releases, including scope definition, requirements analysis, documentation plan design, hands-on analysis and testing and content authoring and publication.
- Provide thought-leadership to fellow team members and contributing members of the cross-functional organization, across the business and technical project dimensions, in the design and implementation of technical documentation solutions.
- Work directly with project stakeholders and ensure that the proposed deliverables satisfy the required business needs.
- Determine the best format (such as user guide, online help, and knowledgebase article) to present information to support customer success.
- Evaluate software products and provide feedback to Product Management and Development teams as appropriate to improve internal functions and usability.
- Identify and make recommendations for process and tool improvements that increase the efficiency and productivity of the technical documentation team and provide leadership to contribute to their successful implementation.
Who You Are:
You have demonstrable technical writing and editing skills with the ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively. You also can organize and present a range of technical material to a variety of audiences.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of DITA
- Familiarity with object-oriented software development concepts and technologies
- Demonstrable technical writing and editing skills; ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively
What Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)