Principal Cloud Development Engineer
Meet Our Team:
As a subject matter expert for cloud technologies you will contribute, support and lead projects related to the Pega Cloud managed service. This team is critical to defining and building the core tools that are leveraged to deploy, manage and monitor Pega’s cloud infrastructure.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. You will work, hands-on with industry leading technologies to collaborate on defining approaches and architectures that integrate into Pega’s cloud offerings. You will contribute to the overall design, development and deployment of advanced cloud architectures. This is the opportunity to be hands-on with a range of open-source software such as Kubernetes to orchestrate containers and work closely with a global team of DevOps engineers to increase service scalability, optimize cloud deployments and increase customer adoption & experience.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Work as part of a collaborate Agile team to support the development of Infrastructure as a Service, leveraging CloudFormation, Ansible, and Python
- Support architectural changes to continually modernize our current service delivery model
- Contribute to AWS Service Integrations using Lambda
- Build product that can be easily consumed in a CI/CD model. Tested within minutes and always shippable
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of related experience
- Excellent knowledge of with AWS and related tools
- Proficiency of Python or Java
- Deep Knowledge of PostgreSQL, Tomcat and Docker or similar
- Hands on experience with container orchestration – we use Kubernetes
What You’ve Accomplished:
- You are an inventive, passionate and self-motivated team player who can drive issues and projects to closure in a fast-paced, globally distributed, enterprise software engineering environment. You’re an explorer of technology from on-prem to cloud services, self-motivated and always ready to learn new skills while still delivering business objectives in an agile environment.
- Built functional, robust and scalable enterprise-level applications
- Strong understanding of Agile development practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)