Software Engineer - Platform Service Experience
Meet Our Team:
Within Core Engine product area, the team owns the tools, data and interfaces provided by the platform and consumed by customers, operations or other tools in developing, debugging and/or administering the platform as to help reduce or eliminate pain points and improve customer satisfaction. The primary focus is on Pega Platform observability (monitoring/metrics, alerting, logging, tracing) and operations capabilities. The team is also picking up cross area work pursuing Pega Cloud (AWS) and Cloud Choice (K8S) directions.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The team is expected to own solving domain problems in end-to-end manner. This starts from capturing specific assumptions and constraints, then moves to technical design and implementation phase and is wrapped up with production adoption. All these involve engaging and communicating with internal stakeholders including cloud operations and applications teams. Therefore, combination of all-around development (various technologies) and basic operation skills is essential as well as ability to adapt to dynamic environment.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
• Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software,
• Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities,
• Solve Pega’s platform business domain problems using various technology solutions,
• Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools,
• Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team.
Who You Are:
You combine energy, creativity and drive with a deep understanding of best-in-class industry practices to evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform. You can work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan and develop new features. You have:
• 1+ years of professional (commercial) experience,
• Knowledge of core Java (and openness to other technologies),
• Problem solving drive/attitude,
• Knowledge of and/or willingness to work within Scrum Methodology,
• Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
What You’ve Accomplished:
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field,
• Very good object-oriented design and development skills,
• Understanding of SDLC,
• Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
It would be an asset if you have:
• Familiarity with Cloud (e.g. AWS) or Kubernetes,
• Understanding of operational perspective (tools, frameworks, approaches, etc.).
Pega Offers You:
• A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
• Working with variety of technologies in a company which follows the newest trends in the IT market.
• A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
• An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
• Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours.
• Attractive salary and package (Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more).
• Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives.
• Working in a very hi-tech new office with relax and game rooms.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)