Senior Software Engineer - Data Engine
You will work in Core Engine product area, which provides core services and capabilities for entire Pega platform. There will be exposure to a bunch of noSQL related technologies used for implementing various data access patterns. You will be a part of a technically mature, well integrated team with close co-operation with local product owner and other teams based in Cambridge.
The Data Engine team consists of experienced software engineers who are focused on highly scalable, low latency, high throughput java components that implement various data access patterns and persistency along with ensuring cloud-native compatible deployment model.
- Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate feature requirements into software deliverables,
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software,
- Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities,
- Leverage Java and Pega’s platform for optimal development capabilities,
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools,
- Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team.
You combine energy, creativity and drive with a deep understanding of best-in-class industry practices to evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform. You are able to work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan and develop new features. You have:
- 5+ years of professional experience,
- Experience working with core Java,
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to work within Scrum Methodology,
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field,
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills,
- Solid understanding of, and practical experience with the SDLC,
- Experience building highly scalable multi-user software applications,
- Experience with Java threading model and concurrency best practices,
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
It would be an asset if you have:
- Exposure to non-relational storage technologies (e.g. Couchbase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch).
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Working with variety of technologies in a company which follows the newest trends in the IT market.
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours.
- Attractive salary and package (Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more).
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives.
- Working in a very hi-tech new office with relax and game rooms.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)