Software Tester - Data Engine
You will work in Data Engine product area, which provides core services and capabilities for entire Pega platform. There will be exposure to a bunch of noSQL (including Elastic Search) related technologies used for implementing various data access patterns. You will be a part of a technically mature, well integrated team with close co-operation with local product owner.
The Data Engine team consists of experienced software engineers who are focused on highly scalable, low latency, high throughput java components that implement various data access patterns and persistency along with ensuring cloud-native compatible deployment model. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will own quality assurance for the team - applying tools, practices, knowledge and mindset to enable team to deliver rock solid software. You will be expected to understand requirements to plan testing on all levels with a strong emphasis on automated tests. You will be also responsible for executing manual and exploratory testing (when appropriate) as well as coordinating quality assurance related work.
- Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate Pega’s platform business domain problems and feature requirements into software deliverables,
- Perform automated and manual tests
- Promote test driven development, as well as drive test case design and implementation for new and existing product features, including translating new user stories and features into test case designs
- Develop, maintain, and enhance test automation infrastructure, troubleshoot and address issues
- Identify, quickly learn, and incorporate new testing technologies and methodologies into existing infrastructure and team development behavior
You are qualified Software Engineer in Test who understands requirements to plan testing on all levels (manual/exploration, integration and UI tests), who can create both automated tests as well as execute manual tests and coordinate work. You also have:
- 3+ years of testing experience preferably in a product development company, ideally in full stack or backend testing
- Experience working with java stack in test automation (e.g. JUnit) and open to other testing technologies
- Problem solving drive/attitude
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field,
- Exposure to JEE, and Java related web technologies
- Basic knowledge of Unix systems and devops practices
- Knowledgeable on multiple testing technologies
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, as well as practical experience with the SDLC,
- Tomcat, Git, Docker, Jenkins
- Exposure to Mongo, Couchbase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- Experience building highly scalable multi-user software applications and (micro) service oriented architecture
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Working with variety of technologies in a company which follows the newest trends in the IT market.
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours.
- Attractive salary and package (Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more).
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives.
- Working in a very hi-tech new office with relax and game rooms.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)