Software Tester - Platform Service Experience
Within Core Engine product area, the team owns the tools, data and interfaces provided by the platform and consumed by customers, operations or other tools in developing, debugging and/or administering the platform as to help reduce or eliminate pain points and improve customer satisfaction. While the primary focus is on Pega Platform observability (metrics, alerting, logging) and operations capabilities the team is also picking up cross area work pursuing Pega Cloud (AWS) and Cloud Choice (K8S) directions.
The team is expected to own solving domain problems in end-to-end manner. This starts from capturing specific assumptions and constraints, then moves to technical design and implementation phase and is wrapped up with production adoption. All these involve engaging and communicating with internal stakeholders including cloud operations and applications teams. Therefore, combination of all-around development (various technologies) and basic operation skills is essential as well as ability to adapt to dynamic environment. In this role you will own quality assurance for the team - applying tools, practices, knowledge and mindset to enable team to deliver rock solid software.
- Perform automated and manual tests
- Promote test driven development, as well as drive test case design and implementation for new and existing product features, including translating new user stories and features into test case designs
- Develop, maintain, and enhance test automation infrastructure, troubleshoot and address issues
- Identify, quickly learn, and incorporate new testing technologies and methodologies into existing infrastructure and team development behavior
- Solve Pega's platform business domain problems using various technology solutions
You are qualified Software Engineer in Test who understands requirements to plan testing on all levels (manual/exploration, integration and UI tests), who can create both automated tests as well as execute manual tests and coordinate work. You also have:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of testing experience preferably in a product development company, ideally in testing web applications and backend
- Practical knowledge of core Java in test automation (junit) and open to other (testing) technologies
- Problem solving drive/attitude
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills in English
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field,
- You acquired Java programming skills as well as exposure to JEE, and Java related web technologies
- At least basic knowledge of Unix systems
- Exposure to dev-ops culture (or dev-ops mindset)
- Knowledgeable on multiple testing technologies
- Solid understanding of SDLC
It would be an asset if you have:
- Familiarity with Cloud (e.g. AWS) or Kubernetes
- Exposure to system operations (tools, frameworks, approaches, etc.)
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Working with variety of technologies in a company which follows the newest trends in the IT market.
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment with flexible working hours.
- Attractive salary and package (Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more).
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives.
- Working in a very hi-tech new office with relax and game rooms.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)