Software Engineer Fall Intern
As a key contributor to the Pega Engineering team, you will work closely with Pega Product Development and other global teams to develop features and tools that allow our clients to enhance the way they manage relationships with their customers.
Pega’s internship program is the perfect platform to help students transition their academic knowledge into a successful professional career. We push great students to be better, we encourage them to take on the biggest challenges, and we also believe that great ideas can come from anyone or anywhere, irrespective of hierarchy or location. The purpose of our internships are to provide students with the opportunity to gain valuable business skills, work on real-time, impactful initiatives, and collaborate on a global scale, all while earning a competitive compensation.
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software
- Provide technical assistance to advance the capabilities of products and resolve complex issues
- Leverage Java, JEE, in new and innovative ways to help create Pegasystems’ proprietary framework
You are passionate about software development and enjoy interacting to solve complex technical issues that will develop your skills within an enterprise environment while working with an industry-leading product.
- Pursuing a BS Degree in Computer Science
- Understand the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is preferred
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to work within Scrum Methodology
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan and develop new features
- Opportunity to work with diverse global teams on real-time, impactful projects and initiatives
- Professional development seminars and meet & greets with Pega’s CEO and Founder, and Executive Leadership Team through our “Coffee Break Series”
- Participation in Pega and intern specific events such as social events, volunteer opportunities, group projects, team outings, etc.
- Potential for full time offer
- Structured manager and mentor program
- Competitive salary and perks
- Casual and fun environment
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.