Principal Software Engineer - Front End/Data Visualization
Meet Our Team:
Pega provides cutting-edge solutions for some of the world’s largest organizations that solve real business problems within a matter of a few weeks without writing any code. One of the most insightful parts of any business application is the data: it needs to be visualized in a way that is easy for an end-user to interpret making it easy to detect patterns and trends within your organization. Data visualizations also need to be responsive and perform well on all devices and browsers, must be interactive and also must be accessible to all types of users.
That’s a challenging set of expectations to meet. That’s where you come in.
You will be joining the Reporting and Data Analytics teams to help build out brand new data visualization technology into our suite of CRM applications.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll help us define and deliver the next generation of the Pega Infinity platform, driving the no-code capabilities that enable our clients to build an amazing user interfaces and data visualizations capabilities and rapidly deploy them in a matter of weeks.
This is your chance to get hands-on with leading-edge technology and showcase how to use the latest web and visualization technologies to deliver some easy to use visualization technology for the Pega Infinity platform and our different applications. This is a unique opportunity to rapidly accelerate your career at a fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Design, test and develop high-quality reporting and visualization components using React and D3
- Look outward to identify technologies and trends to improve our data visualization capabilities and keep abreast of latest web and accessibility standards
- Assist with highly escalated customer technical issues and drive them to completion to ensure the overall success of our customers
- Mentor and coach junior staff members on technical topics
Who You Are:
You are a front-end developer who is passionate about web technologies and 3rd party frameworks, who has a passion for representing data in an easy to use and compelling way. You drive towards excellence and have a history of being a leader within your past jobs.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, and cross-functional environment
- You are passionate about the latest web technologies and standards and how to build professional-looking user interfaces and data visualizations
- You understand the importance of delivering high-quality code with excellent code coverage using unit and integration tests
- You are a thought leader who expresses facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing, and organized manner
- You drive to find simple solutions to complex problems
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Minimum of 10+ years (or 8 years of experience with Master’s degree) working as a front-end developer using the latest web technologies and frameworks
- Exposure to a data visualization library such as D3, WebGL or FusionCharts
- Experience with React
- Experience with state management libraries like Redux, RXJS...
- Experience with writing test automation using tools such as Jasmine, Puppeteer or RSPEC
- Exposure to an Object-Oriented Programming language such as Java
- Experience working with a team in an Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience with accessibility, cross-browser issues, and security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner and Forrester acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products in a massive emerging market
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.