Senior Database Engineer
Meet Our Team:
The Site Reliability team is responsible for the reliability and availability of the PegaCloud which is a fully managed cloud service built on AWS. We operate as a global follow the sun team with locations in Bangalore, Sydney, Krakow and the East Coast of the United States. We are the first responders and provide proactive technical response to prevent client impacting incidents. We are called upon often to help diagnose complex issues and frequently consulted by client facing organizations for help in solving complex technology issues.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
- You will lead, contribute to and effectively champion Pega Cloud Services to our clients across the globe
- Contribute as an active and engaged member to the broader Pega Technology community
- You will play a critical role within the Pega Cloud organization and will help continue to drive best practices into the Pega Cloud service offering.
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- Proactively Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Who You Are:
- Expertise in Oracle and/or Postgres administration
- Service management defined as a great client experience is your mantra
- Excellent demonstrable communication, facilitation, conflict management, unlearning and learning mindset and mentoring skills
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical, and achieve credibility at the highest levels
- Good Programming, scripting, query and data analysis skills Strong time management, goals setting and task prioritization abilities
- Obsession and proven empathy towards clients
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working in database operations or development operations supporting high-profile clients in an always-on operating environments
- Earned DBA or public cloud certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.