ESOC Engineer - Sys Ops
Meet Our Team:
Enterprise Service Operation Center (ESOC) team is responsible for monitoring PEGA Applications and IT Infrastructure 24*7*365 days. The team provides operational support for different functions such as Data Center, Windows & Linux Systems DevSupport and Network Operations, Identity and Access Management. The team comprises of skilled, motivated and highly flexible engineers who can understand business needs and quickly scale up to provide technical solutions.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software and being part of the ESOC team you will be managing operations in all facets of IT infrastructure. This is an exciting and challenging role with a wide range of responsibilities, covering Datacenter, Network, Application and System areas.
ESOC Engineer - SysOps is responsible for addressing all ESOC key deliverables. Pro-activeness is the key to the role.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- 24x7 support and monitoring of our critical systems, applications and services. Incident and Alert Management. Proactive Monitoring to avoid any potential impact on Production using SolarWinds.
- Monitor, Manage and provide operational support for all PEGA Applications and Infrastructure components such as but not limited to Network, Storage, Active Directory, Office365, Exchange and Lync environment. Windows, Linux servers, VMWare Virtualization & cloud environment.
- Open and lead Critical Incident Management Bridge when an Event/Incident occurs, get the right support group on call. Resolve Incident, follow up for RCA.
- Event Management, IT Notification Roll Out for Planned & Unplanned Change Requests or Maintenance.
Who You Are:
You must demonstrate the key Pega competencies of Thought Leadership and Drive for Results. Good verbal and written communication skills, including poise in pressure situations while being a team player.
- Intermediate level of knowledge on Active Directory, Office365, Exchange and Lync environment.
- Basic to Intermediate level of knowledge on PowerShell scripting, SQL DB or VMware.
- Familiarity with Server and Network Infra.
- Troubleshoot Linux/Windows Server Performance issues using various performance and monitoring tools.
- Good Experience in configuring & troubleshooting Windows 2016/2012/2008 server Operating system.
- Experience using Backup solutions, OS Level and application-level security, monitoring and troubleshooting.
What You've Accomplished:
- Technical Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and/or equivalent industry experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in System Operations or relevant disciplines working in a product company with similar or enormous size.
- 2-4 years’ experience working in Windows (Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange), VMWare Virtualization & cloud environment.
- ITIL Foundation, MCSE or VMWare Certified.
Pega Offers You:
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients.
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market.
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- Many opportunities for development – an extensive on-boarding training, self-learning initiatives.
- Attractive salary and benefits package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Learning opportunities and many more).
- High tech office space with relaxation areas.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)