Technical Documentation Specialist
Meet Our Team:
Pega’s Technical Documentation Team is seeking a highly motivated technical documentation writer to enable Pega Community users in our world-class technology. The group provides technical content and various other assets to Pega Community user base. This user base includes seasoned developers as well as first time users of the Pega Application. This group works collaboratively with product owners, curriculum developers, and various subject matter experts to create and maintain technical documentation and educational assets that users want to engage with.
The group is growing and looking for new team members who are service-oriented, collaborative, detail-oriented, are ready to work hard, but can also enjoy themselves along the way.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The Technical Documentation Specialist is responsible for authoring supporting technical documentation that describes Pega Customer Service application. This content, in the form of online knowledgebase articles, user guides, and context-sensitive product Help, must address the needs of the multiple audiences, including business users and technical implementers, enabling them to fully utilize the technology to solve their business problems. The Technical Documentation Specialist will work with stakeholders across the organization to determine a documentation plan and then execute on that plan by authoring and publishing well written, effective, use-case based content.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Design and implement comprehensive documentation solutions, for your assigned product area, to support product releases, including scope definition, requirements analysis, documentation plan design, hands-on analysis and testing and content authoring and publication.
- Provide thought-leadership to fellow team members and contributing members of the cross-functional organization, across business and technical project dimensions, in the design and implementation of technical documentation solutions.
- Work directly with project stake-holders to achieve agreement that the proposed deliverables satisfy the required business needs.
- Determine the best format (user guide, Help, knowledgebase article, etc.) to present information to support customer success. Evaluate software products and provide feedback to Product Management and Development teams as appropriate to improve internal functions and usability.
- Identify and make recommendations for process and tool improvements that increase the efficiency and productivity of the technical documentation team, and provide leadership to contribute to their successful implementation.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has demonstrable technical writing and editing skills with the ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively. He/she has the ability to organize and present a range of technical material to a variety of audiences.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with object-oriented software development concepts and technologies such as J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, Java), SOAP, MQSeries and .NET Framework.
- Demonstrable technical writing and editing skills; ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively.
- Ability to organize and present a range of technical material to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of and experience with both print and online authoring tools.
- Ability to independently manage a technical documentation project, including development and execution of a comprehensive documentation plan.
- Proficiency with current technology-based tools and processes.
- Ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt work methods in response to changing priorities.
Pega Offers You:
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- A workplace that requires people to have an informed opinion
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)