Senior Software Engineer
Meet Our Team:
As a key contributor to the Cloud System Engineering team you will help architect and prototype systems to guide and shape service improvements for one of our process mining platforms. You will be part of a great team that pushes the limits and enjoys tackling challenges. Proven ability to solve complex technical problems is a requirement for this role. Candidates must possess a strong working knowledge of AWS services. These services include but are not limited to: Aurora, EC2, S3, EMR, Cognito, EBS, Hive, Lambda, SageMaker, and RedShift. Working knowledge of PostgreSQL required. You will be required to evaluate emerging technologies and make recommendations for technology adoption. Candidates must have the ability to prioritize and execute tasks with little direct oversight. Candidates must be able to clearly and effectively document and communicate technical details to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Design and develop Pega’s Core Engine technology, focusing on the Java code generation and compilation system. This is the heart of Pega’s platform, which is used by all of our cloud-based strategic applications for sales, marketing and services operations. Working in a highly collaborative environment, your excellent Java skills will help drive the development of our next generation platform.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Lead projects of complex scope involving stakeholders from across the company
- Pair programming with other team members
- Mentor and coach junior staff members
- Work on complex issues to design and develop high quality software
- Provide technical thought leadership to advance the capabilities of the product and resolve complex issues
- Develop at the heart of Pega’s language processing engine – parser, compiler & code generation on the fly
- Design, develop & test highly scalable APIs for the platform
- Follow TDD principles and best practices
- Add features to a large existing code base where refactoring & design skills are required
Who You Are:
You have a high level of technical aptitude with a genuine eagerness to learn, explore and enhance Pega technology using your expertise in object-oriented development. You are a self-starter who exhibits creativity, hustle, integrity and teamwork.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with at least 5 years of experience or Master's degree plus 3 years’ experience
- Experience developing highly scalable frameworks & APIs in Java
- Deep knowledge of the JVM
- Strong Object Oriented design skills
- Strong relational database experience
- Experience with unit testing frameworks (e.g. Junit, TestNG)
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proven experience with CI/CD
Pega Offers You:
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Competitive pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, 3 weeks paid vacation plus 10 company holidays, 2 community service days, medical/eye/dental coverage, and even pet insurance!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)