Principal Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Meet Our Team:
Our team is multi-disciplined and multicultural, enabling you to see things from a different perspective as you work to realise an evolving backlog of demanding ideas to meet the needs of the world’s largest companies. The Pega engineering office in Amsterdam is dedicated to infusing intelligence into all aspects of running a customer facing organisation effectively.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll help us design, develop, implement and test the next generation of Pega platform. This is your chance to get your hands-on leading-edge technology and grow within the team to become an Expert in whichever direction you want to progress!
What You’ll Do at Pega:
- In collaboration with product leadership, define and articulate the architecture of the product - building on best in class technologies and deep understanding of the business needs
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain components of the core data processing and analytics products in a fast-paced iterative development environment. You will be involved in every step of product development process - from requirement definition to a deployment model on AWS cloud.
- Being one of the most experienced engineers in the team, people will look to you for a technical direction. This implies, among others, writing clean, efficient and maintainable Java code
- Work on areas like distributed data processing, concurrency optimisation, atomic updates on NoSQL databases, resiliency & fail safety
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software
- Provide technical assistance to advance the capabilities of products and resolve complex issues
- Observe results of your work deployed for thousands of customers
Who You Are:
Do you have a passion for product development and robust architecture in the world of Big Data and AI? Are you all about complex coding/technical challenges and high-quality product development? Would you like to work on a real-time analytics platform that influences customer experience for approximately 1.5 billion people each year? If you want to build end-user facing software with care and finish and like to see the fruits of you labor work at scale, then maybe an opportunity at Pega is for you. We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in state of the art and battle-tested enterprise architecture
- Professional Java Development experience
- Object-oriented design and development skills
- Experience with concurrent algorithms and data structures
- Experience or interest working with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Mongo, Redis)
- Experience or interest working with distributed, scalable, real-time processing systems or frameworks (Kafka, Spark, Apache Flink, Apache Samza, Apache Storm)
- Experience with Continuous delivery (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technologies (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Performance and quality driven mind-set
- AI and machine learning skills would be a bonus!
Pega Offers You:
- Modern office located in Amsterdam Zuid area
- Attractive salary, bonus and pension scheme
- Holiday and travel allowances
- Friendly, informal and multicultural atmosphere with more than 19 different nationalities
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work from home
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- A lot of interesting and challenging work
- Many opportunities of development – internal and external trainings, Learning & self-growth opportunities (safaribooksonline.com, lynda.com, Conferences etc.)
- Game room and table tennis
- Hackathons and social events
- Fruit baskets & free drinks
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.