Senior Editor Information Architect
Pega’s Technical Documentation Team is seeking a highly motivated Information Architect to help us set a new vision for world-class content and documentation development. This position will be accountable for the quality of our user and developer content, milestone reporting, delivery of high-quality documentation, and successful customer enablement results.
They will build strong relationships working collaboratively with the Technical Documentation management team, the global Technical Documentation team, the global editing team and Product Owners to create new ways of developing and delivering best-in-class content that users want to engage with.
Pegasystems is seeking a Information Architect to join our vibrant technical documentation team. In this role, you will edit new and existing technical documentation to ensure that the documentation is clear, concise, easy to understand, and easy to use. The content, in the form of online help, knowledgebase articles, and guides, must address the needs of the multiple audiences, including business users and technical implementers. You will also evaluate the structure and presentation of new and existing technical documentation and ensure that the information is easy to access and easy to use and meets the needs of the multiple audiences, including business users and technical implementers. Working with stakeholders across the organization to educate writers on creating and organizing effective user-focused content will be paramount.
- Edit product documentation and PDN articles
- Perform the following types of edits: Organizational, Developmental, Branding/legal, Copyediting/proofreading
- Determine what information does and does not belong in product documentation
- Architect documentation content to comply with current industry best practices and to make it focused on user goals
- Analyze existing documentation structure and create a plan for change to provide positive user experience for users of the Pega documentation
- Analyze needs and develop best-practices to promote improvements in our documentation
- Manage documentation terminology and style
You are an intelligent, motivated and collaborative individual with exceptional communication skills and proven experience in editing and designing complex software products
- Quick learner with excellent time management and organization skills
- creative and strategic thinker with a focus on achieving outcomes, yet with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, partner, and collaborate.
- Dedicated to considering things from the Customer’s perspective and has experience in creating outstanding user-focused documentation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years of experience required if the bachelor’s degree or subsequent education is in Information Development or the equivalent.
- 10 years of experience working as an Information Developer or equivalent is required if there is no formal training in Information Development Preferred degree: English, Journalism, or Communications
- Ability to use and develop expertise with one or more documentation authoring tools (such as Madcap Flare or DITA),
- Ability to troubleshoot basic software problems, ability to manipulate files, ability to learn new software
- Ability to complete PRPC System Architect Certification within 3 months of joining Pegasystems
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)