Senior DevOps Engineer
Join Pega’s engineering department and use your skills to showcase the power of Pega to transform business. You will be working in a collaborative Scrum team and will utilize a variety of development tools to create the “building blocks” of our platform. Your work will help make a great first impression on Pega’s clients, and future clients, and will allow them to create their own powerful and fully customized applications.
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you will help to drive the development of our product, which is utilized by Pega’s fortune 500 customers. This is the chance for you to work with most innovative, cutting-edge technologies and grow within our team. At Pega you can progress your career towards whichever path you desire.
- Maintain, improve, monitor software delivery infrastructure
- Monitor and maintain daily the delivery infrastructure
- Facilitate the software delivery/quality of the scrum teams by creating new tools and features in the delivery infrastructure
- Develop understanding of the Pega Platform with an eye on continuously automating delivery related tasks
- Analyze performance of the environments and recommend improvements where needed
- Profiling performance and capacity planning of critical systems
- Respond to alerts and quickly triage problems and work with the team to resolve issues
You are an Engineer with a high level of technical competency and genuine eagerness to learn and explore Pega technology. In addition to your technical skillset, we want you to be a self-starter who exhibits creativity, hustle, integrity and teamwork. You will also have:
- Basic understanding of principles of continuous delivery/continuous integration
- Operating systems – admin level proficiency in: Linux, Unix, Windows, MacOS
- Proficiency in network protocols/concepts: SSH, HTTP/HTTPS, tunneling, security
- Nice to have tools experience: Kubernetes, AWS, load balancing tools (Nginx)
- Energy & enthusiasm to be part of a fast-paced team
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar degree is necessary and required
- Previous exposure to application server deployments/DB: Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Modern office located in Amsterdam Zuid area
- Attractive salary, bonus and pension scheme
- Holiday and travel allowances
- Friendly, informal and multicultural atmosphere with more than 19 different nationalities
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work from home
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- A lot of interesting and challenging work
- Many opportunities of development – internal and external trainings, Learning & self-growth opportunities (safaribooksonline.com, lynda.com, Conferences etc.)
- Game room and table tennis
- Hackathons and social events
- Fruit baskets & free drinks
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)