Principal Solutions Engineer
The Principal Solutions Engineer is a member of the IAD business organization. As such, this person contributes to bookings growth and customer success through participation in IAD business teams as an application developer. This person will function in Scrum teams with other professionals focused on building, maintaining, and supporting applications for the IAD industry.
In this role, you will:
- Actively participate in the design and development of IAD applications
- Ensure delivered work meets technical and functional requirements
- Build business processes, application features, and supporting functions based upon identified business requirements and use cases.
- Communicate and share knowledge of the IAD application with peers, Global Customer Support, and the Pega community at large.
- Serve as an escalation point for Global Customer Support cases from existing customers, providing troubleshooting, support, and hotfixes to existing product versions, as required.
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Differentiating factor offered by the specific team with which this position works
The ideal candidate is familiar with business processes in the IAD industry. He/she is results oriented, focused on delivering results not just activities, with the ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems. He/she should exhibit a commitment to continuous learning and development and adaptability to frequent change. The candidate should have good debugging skills to help fix the issues reported by customers.
- Good experience in analysis, design, development, and application deployment of large-scale Java centric enterprise application systems.
- Strong experience in Pega PRPC & minimal basic of J2EE (JSP, Servlets) & advanced knowledge in Databases - Oracle and/or DB2 and MS/SQL)
- Strong debugging skills with the usage of Tracer, Log analyzer, DB tracer, PAL, PLA, etc.
- Working experience in an agile/scrum team environment.
- Proficient with technology-based tools and processes
- Experience developing or working with IAD applications or CRM apps like Sales Automation, Customer Service [CRM] and Industry experience will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with business processes in target industry related to key solution areas
- Customer service orientation
- Results oriented focused on delivering results not just activities
- Ability to analyze, identify and solve problems
- Out-of-the-box thinking in dealing with problematic situations & providing optimal solutions
- Situational based leadership thoughts
- Become technically proficient with Pega 7 & 8 Platform tools.
- Exhibit a commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Meet aggressive deadlines and handle the pressure associated with it.
- Adaptable to frequent change.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.