Manager, Sales Consulting
The primary purpose of this role is to manage a solution consulting team, working in conjunction with the Account Executives and Sales Directors to ensure a successful sales cycle to support the target account sales model.
The Solutions Consulting Manager is responsible for a staff of approximately 2 to 8 Solutions Consultants and the portfolio of accounts assigned to his/her team members. The person in this role works with the sales team throughout the life cycle of each sales campaign: assisting in lead generation activity; pre-sales qualification steps; identification of business drivers and solution requirements; presentation of solutions and ROI models; relationship building; to sales closure.
The Solutions Consulting Manager works in conjunction with the sales team to provide expertise and technical support throughout the life cycles of the sales campaigns and helps co-ordinate the technical resources required at different stages within the sales life cycle.
In this role, you will:
▪ Perform general management duties including employee performance management and coaching, interviewing and hiring, goal setting, and development
▪ Recruit and develop Solutions Consulting staff to meet the needs of the business ▪ Work with junior members to improve their technical and functional knowledge and skills to perform their roles
▪ Enable team members on Industry knowledge
▪ Mentor team members to the required skill level to perform their role
▪ Plan and coordinate all requests for resources from the Sales Team to balance the workload across the team.
▪ Manage Time and Travel expenses for direct reports
▪ Manage target accounts that may span multiple account executives.
▪ Assist in the production of RFP’s and other proposals to clients
▪ Propose technical and business solutions in support of sales campaigns and serve as the domain expert of proposed solutions to prospective clients
▪ Assist the sales team with the radiation strategy into target accounts by building customer relationships
▪ Plan sales campaigns in conjunction with account executives and lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns
▪ Collaborate with product managers, software developers, analysts, business officers, and other groups ensuring the successful execution of the sales strategy
▪ Provide thought leadership within the supported industry
▪ Lead a technical sales team that consist of individuals from Sales and other departments to execute the current sales strategy
▪ Work closely with the Sales Team to understand client needs in order to independently create and deliver world class PRPC technical demonstrations
▪ Build complex demos, create POCs and achieve/maintain required certification levels for the Sales Consultant role
▪ Deliver POCs and demonstrations to meet the scope and functionality to ensure that all success criteria are delivered, and product differentiators are included
▪ Leverage knowledge of the horizontal and industry frameworks
A sales leader, experienced solution consultant, and strategic thinker with the ability to build and manage a solution consulting team.
This person will act as a leader, partner and mentor to the team they manage. This person has experience leading the sale of enterprise-level software to Fortune 500 clients. Most importantly, this person will have a dynamic personality and has the passion to succeed within a highly demanding and challenging environment.
You demonstrate a calm and thoughtful demeanour in high-pressure situations. You are inquisitive by nature and not afraid to ask tough, challenging questions.
Qualifications will include:
▪ BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required
▪ 5 to 10+ years of Industry experience ▪ 5 to 10+ years sales experience
▪ 3+ years of managerial experience
▪ Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication and relationship skills
▪ Experienced in sales methodologies and business transformation
▪ Have a strong interest in growing your career and participating in our internal training programs and mentorship initiatives
▪ Display initiative, self-motivation and high-quality results along with meeting all expectations for both internal and external customers
▪ Pega technology experience/accreditation
▪ Previous solution consulting or industry consulting experience
▪ Domain expertise in industry or relevant technology
▪ Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
▪ Continuous learning and development opportunities
▪ An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
▪ Competitive global benefits program inclusive ofpay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Pega (NASDAQ: PEGA) is the leader in cloud software for customer engagement and operational excellence. Every day, Pega powers millions of automated processes, billions of customer interactions, and trillions of dollars of business by helping people open bank accounts, change phone plans, get healthcare, manage insurance claims, apply for permits, and more. The world’s most recognized and successful brands rely on Pega’s AI-powered software to optimize every customer interaction on any channel while ensuring their brand promises are kept. Pega’s lowcode application development platform allows enterprises to quickly build and evolve apps to meet their customer and employee needs and drive digital transformation on a global scale. For more than 35 years, Pega has enabled higher customer satisfaction, lower costs, and increased customer lifetime value. For more information, visit www.pega.com
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
For information about benefits offerings, please visit http://www.pega.com/about-us/careers/benefits.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.