Senior Manager, Platform Engineering, Live Data
Meet Our Team:
The Platform Engineering Organization provides foundational services for the Pega as-a-service Platform, that allow internal and external customers to deploy applications seamlessly integrated into their ecosystem, manage background processes, and meet the highest standards of security, performance, scalability and resiliency. The Integration product area offers integration-focused backing services and authoring capabilities that allow our customers to maximize the value from their applications by easily leveraging external data and assets in their app, as well as safely exposing relevant data and digital assets from their Pega apps to other applications in service of their business goals. We continuously evolve our offerings to support current and emerging integration technologies and standards, ensuring our customers can leverage the best tools for their needs. We embed and enforce industry best practices in all our features so that our customers intuitively build resilient, performant, secure and upgradable applications.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is a low-code platform for AI-powered decisioning and workflow automation.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Provide leadership to engineering teams that build platform integration features following the established software development lifecycle (SDLC) and quality standards.
- Develop, inspire, mentor, and evaluate the engineering team by providing technical training plans, career growth guidance, and continuous feedback.
- Work towards success of sustenance of Integration features in the platform such as email, Messaging, repository and search features.
- Enable the teams to deliver functionality by collaborating with multiple stakeholders including cross functional teams, architects, product owners, scrum masters and others.
- Ensure that the delivered work meets functional and technical requirements, and quality standards.
- Provide technical thought leadership to advance the capabilities of the product and resolve complex issues
- Identifying the need for training and talent development.
- Review designs and code and provide meaningful feedback, and the detail orientation to follow-up on all technical topics.
- Advocate technical excellence and strong software engineering best practices.
- Maintain Bird’s eye view of team feature ownership and provide recommendations to the leadership on opportunities to improve.
- Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers and global leaders to drive various initiatives towards improving product stability.
- Facilitate innovation to drive towards engineering excellence.
Who You Are:
- The manager is responsible for leading the team while also becoming POC for integration components of Pega Platform.
- You will lead by example in various initiatives such development best practices, quality, learning, etc.
- Deeply concerned about quality excellence in products and services.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelors / Masters Full-time Degree in computer science or any related field.
- 13+ years of software development experience, preferably in a product development company and 4+ years as a manager.
- Strong knowledge of Integration related technologies such as REST and messaging frameworks.
- Experience working in Search related technologies such as ES or OS is and add on.
- Strong knowledge over cloud technologies.
- Experience using the following: Core Java, JUnits, tools like IntelliJ/Eclipse, Jenkins, Linux, Kubernetes, Docker and Cloud technologies.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Hands-on experience in core java, algorithms, data structures and problem solving.
- Understanding of secure development fundamentals.
- Good knowledge and experience with micro services architecture, Cloud Application Development Platforms, and security capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, analytical, problem-solving skills and mentoring skills.
- Delivered commercially availability enterprise grade functionality in software products and services
- Agile/Scrum development methodology knowledge/experience
- Strong Communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Loves fast paced environment and learning new technologies.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive ofpay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here or contact (US only) 1-888-PEGA-NOW and/or 225 Wyman Street Waltham, MA 02451 ATTN: Benefits.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement
EEO/AA Policy Statement
Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Your Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Rights