Director of Software Engineering, Software Delivery Excellence
Meet Our Team:
This team is one of the most innovative and fastest growing groups at Pega. We are the heart of scaled agile, DevOps and “as a service” transformation. We have informed opinions, and we aren’t afraid of advocating for change. We work hard, but we also have fun: we want to be part of a team that looks forward to seeing each other every day. We embrace taking intelligent risks and course correcting when expectations don’t meet reality. We believe failing is only failing if you aren’t learning from it. We are one Pega and go out of our way to collaborate with other teams to achieve a common outcome. We ensure all collaborates receive credit due. We are as delighted to promote someone else’s good ideas as we are to promote our own. We are the team everyone wants to work with.
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. Our goal is to be the no. 1 low-code platform for work automation and AI-powered decisioning. In this role, you’ll help us build the engineering organization and SDLC processes that power Pega Product. This is your chance to get your hands on working on leading technologies to solve interesting problems.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
As a Director of Software Delivery Excellence Alliance (SDEA) in the Pega Engineering team, you’ll lead the Software Delivery Excellence Alliance teams in Europe and partner closely with leaders in the Alliance & across the Platform Engineering group globally, enabling continuous improvements in Pega’s Software Delivery Lifecycle and internal services. As a leader of the Software Delivery Excellence Alliance, you will be responsible for understanding, measuring and unlocking the productivity of all software delivery roles. You would be at the center of Pega’s scaled agile, Quality Services, Performance & Resilience, DevOps, DevSecOps and “as a service” transformation, enabling healthy adoption of the latest software delivery tools and techniques. You will help support Pega’s exhaustive adoption of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, building an organization that promotes new ideas, explores the latest technologies, collaborates with the larger Product Engineering organization, and actively contributes to the success of our products and services. With your experience, technical depth, and passion for coaching and motivating others, the potential impact of your work is huge. This team is unique and diverse in it’s function and provide the challenge for someone hungry to learn. The role will also be participating in the Poland platform engineering leadership team.
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Manage Software Delivery Excellence Europe teams & set directions: This includes working with tribe leaders to ensure that the engineering teams are aligned with the group’s overall goals and objectives, and developing and implementing a plan to achieve those goals.
• Build and maintain a high-performing engineering team. This includes recruiting, hiring, and developing top talent, and creating a culture of innovation and collaboration.
• Foster a culture of innovation and collaboration within the team. This includes encouraging engineers to take risks, share ideas, and learn from each other. It also includes creating a supportive environment where engineers can thrive.
• Represent the engineering team at the executive level. This includes communicating the team's needs and accomplishments to the executive team, and advocating for the team's resources.
• Customer Satisfaction: Work with other departments to ensure that the teams are meeting the needs of the business. This includes collaborating with product management, Engineering, Cloud groups to ensure that the engineering team is developing the right solutions and features.
• Drive changes globally. This includes understanding / setting a clear vision for change, communicating the change and reasons behind it with clarity, working with leaders and stakeholders to drive & influence the change, and providing training and support to engineers on the new processes and tools that will be used.
• Create an environment and culture that values agility and self- organization, capable of delivering complex products in small, frequent increments.
• Influence your organization toward continuous delivery, cloud & serverless technologies, and scalable design.
• Inspire your team and the larger organization to a long- term mindset, seeking to create scalable platforms, not single- use solutions.
• Embrace change and act boldly to replace what was built yesterday with something better today.
• Drive broader initiatives beyond the functional role as a leader across platform engineering or across the Poland center.
• Lead by example, support your team, and prioritize their success above your own.
Who You Are:
• You have 15+ years of total experience and 5+ years of experience of managing large organizations with multiple managers.
• At least 8 years of software development and leadership experience, preferably working in a new generation (modern architecture like Micro services) product company.
• You have the experience of being a Director of Software Engineering, for a Product based organization.
What You've Accomplished:
• Solid understanding of code, design, and development practices, with the ability to teach others and review their work.
• Experience leading teams preferably 30 - 50 span.
• Track record in working in Leadership Roles for Product Organizations, with matrix stakeholders.
• Track record in driving changes globally.
• Worked in a scrum-enabled, fast-paced environment.
• Solid understanding of scale agile methodologies.
• Passionate about quality – exposure to tools like Sonar.
• Very strong communication and leadership skills.
Pega Offers You:
• A highly collaborative environment for designing and development of new ideas and features.
• A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
• Opportunity to work on some of the latest technologies in the agile, DevOps, Quality, DevSecOps, Performance & Resilience domains.
• Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives.
• An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
• Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
• Flexible work mode: hybrid/office. Our modern office is located in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center). We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.