Senior Software Engineer, Devops
Meet Our Team:
SDEA (Software Delivery Excellence Alliance) is one of the most innovative and fastest growing groups at Pega that provides the best in industry DevOps/Release Engineering services for Pega engineers. As part of our team, you will work closely with talented engineers and product owners across the globe to continuously integrate and deliver applications and experience the Pega features before they are released to customers.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. Our goal is to be the no. 1 CRM SaaS company in the world. In this role, you’ll help us evaluate, setup, customize, maintain and upgrade the on-prem infrastructure for release engineering operations of Pega Platform including packaging of hotfixes for customers & releases during GA. You will expand your skills by working on a portfolio of leading technologies and tools spanning Jenkins, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Bamboo, SVN, Bitbucket etc. and on AWS. You will be part of a tightly knit, highly energetic team and have many opportunities to make a positive impact and grow in your career at Pega.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Evaluate, Install, Setup, Maintain and Upgrade release engineering infrastructure tools (Bamboo, SVN, Jenkins, Artifactory, Bitbucket etc.)
- Configure the Bamboo build plans, troubleshoot build issues, package hotfixes & releases
- Collaborate with various development teams, Release Management team, GCS ensuring smooth packaging of hotfixes and GA releases
- Involve in infrastructure support working in collaboration with different internal teams
- Implement monitoring solutions and configure alerting mechanisms to proactively monitor infrastructure performance, health, and availability.
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis, and resolution of environment issues. Respond promptly to incidents and perform troubleshooting as needed.
- Develop automation scripts and tools using Python, Shell scripting. Groovy, and Jenkins pipelines (preferred) to streamline and enhance software development and deployment processes.
- Document and maintain application setup, runbooks, SOPs/administration guides and troubleshooting guide.
Who You Are:
You are an engineer skilled at using infrastructure tools and technologies.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience in DevOps/ relevant field
- B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science Engineering/relevant field
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix system administration. Strong understanding of system-level configurations, package management, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Experience with source code version control software (Git, SVN) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory)
- Proficiency in cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS - Must have experience with EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, EKS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, RDS, CloudFormation, Lambda, VPC, RedShift and Route53)
- Experienced in containerization technologies such as Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes. Proficient in deploying and managing containerized applications at scale.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a focus on root cause analysis, troubleshooting complex issues, and providing innovative solutions. Ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new technologies quickly.
- Proficient in providing technical support and managing production systems
- Skillful at automation using shell-scripting, Jenkins jobs/pipelines
- Ability to multi-task and work during production crisis situations
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge on Java, Gradle is a plus
- Willing to work in night-shift (9PM – 6AM IST) on rotation bi-weekly/monthly
What You've Accomplished:
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintenance of tools like Bamboo, Jenkins on Linux OS
- Automated using shell-scripting, python
- Proficient working with Bamboo build plans / pipelines
- Expert in providing operational support during build failures
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.