Cloud Deployment Engineer - Return-To-Work Program (NA Remote)
About The Program
At Pega, we understand that life happens. Whether you took a break to welcome a new family member, support a loved one, serve in the military, explore the world, or embark on a career shift through education, we're committed to smoothing your return to the workforce.
Pega’s Return-to-Work program is a 16-week paid Returnship for experienced professionals who have at least 5 years of experience and are returning to the workforce after taking a career hiatus. This is your chance to showcase your expertise, refresh your knowledge, contribute to meaningful projects, and relaunch your career!
The program will provide specialized onboarding and professional development opportunities including mentorship and skills trainings in partnership with reacHIRE to help you acclimate.
Meet Our Team:
As a member of Service Reliability Team (SRT), you will be a key member responsible for the reliability and availability of Pegasystems cloud service offerings. We operate as a global follow the sun 24x7 team with locations in Bangalore, Sydney, and the East Coast of the United States. We encourage a culture of diversity, openness, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and consistently strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will have the opportunity to work on diverse problems and apply your expertise and experience to improve reliability of Pega Cloud Platform. You will take personal ownership of the systems you manage and possess the tenacity to delve to the root of the problem quickly, understand why it happened, and prevent it from reoccurrence. By collaborating and communicating with customers and internal stake holders, you will deliver best in class support.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Perform provisioning of new environments and upgrade of the Infrastructure components & Product application
- Perform decommission of existing environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve customers environment issues along with root cause analysis
- Create and maintain operational runbooks
- Identify and document Standard operating procedures for daily tasks
- Participate in testing of pre-release product enhancement testing with Engineering
- Identify opportunities for automation of repeated tasks and reduce toil
- Write scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Work with team on scheduling upgrade tasks / hotfixes and patches
- Manage / execute deployment of system updates / patches and hotfixes
- Monitor the teams ticket queue and work with team to distribute tickets in timely manner
- Monitor teams email distribution list for escalation / communication and work with team to respond in timely manner
- Prepare handoff documentation to work with other global teams
Who You Are:
- Proven professional and technical experience in an enterprise cloud environment supporting SAAS applications with a focus on operational delivery excellence and customer service
- You are self-motivated, inquisitive, and creative, with a passion for continuous improvement and excellent people skills
- Works well with cross-functional global and remote teams
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, techniques, and tools quickly to meet our business requirements
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, enterprise environment
- Possess customer obsession and proven empathy towards customers
What You've Accomplished:
You are skilled in Cloud, Linux, Middleware and DevOps Technologies, and have accomplished the below:
- 2+ years of hands-on operational or engineering experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and tuning Java applications and Apache Tomcat application servers
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise scale Linux Administration
- Hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Deep understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, platform, and application operational administration - including product and platform upgrades, installations, backup, and recovery, monitoring and observability, etc.
- Experience with microservices architecture with Kubernetes is a plus
- Administration of web servers running Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Nginx
- Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN is a plus
- Experience in Bash/Shell, Python, or similar scripting languages to automate common tasks, a plus
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.