Front-end Developer Summer Intern
Meet Our Team:
We are searching for a Front-End Development Intern who is energetic, resilient and passionate about building front-end UIs using some of the latest 3rd party frameworks. You will extend our UI library of functional components and layouts and collaborate closely with our UX designers and development teams to deliver complex and high performing web-based applications.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega's internship program serves as an exceptional launchpad for students, bridging the gap between academic prowess and thriving in the professional realm. We don't just cultivate good students; we elevate them to greatness by empowering them to conquer substantial challenges. At Pega, we champion the notion that brilliance knows no hierarchy or geographical bounds—it can emerge from anyone, anywhere. Our internships are designed with a clear mission: to equip students with invaluable business acumen, embolden them to contribute to consequential real-world projects, and facilitate seamless global collaboration. All the while, we ensure that their efforts are handsomely rewarded with a competitive compensation package. Join us and turn your potential into tangible achievements.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Apply leading-edge front-end development skills to extend our library of UI components
- Collaborate with the UX design team and other stakeholders to implement the design system into functional components
- Look outward to identify technologies and trends to improve our UI capabilities
- Keep abreast of latest web and accessibility standards
- Assist with the resolution of urgent UI customer issues
- Participate in building applications for critical opportunities and go live
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate is a software engineer student with a good foundation in web front end development and 3rd party framework (React/Vue/Angular). This person is extremely detailed oriented and can demonstrate the ability to understand a creative UX design and convert it to actual implementation code. This individual is passionate about design, latest web technologies and standards as well as elegant and easy to maintain code. They are conscious about performance, accessibility, usability and takes great pride in delivering the highest quality work. The candidate has also strong collaboration skills and can work well with the creative and development teams to build professional looking user interfaces.
- Experience with UI Component libraries like Bootstrap, Material UI, Semantic UI would be a plus
- Proficient in building responsive, mobile-first websites
- Passion for building user interfaces that perform well on all devices and browsers
- Detailed oriented – strong physical visual eye
- Passion for learning and applying new technology
- A commitment to collaboration and teamwork in all facets of web development
- Flexible during times of change: can quickly adapt to shifting priorities and timelines
- BA/BS Degree
Pega Offers You:
- Opportunities to work with diverse global teams on real-time, impactful projects and initiatives
- Professional development seminars and meet & greets with Pega’s CEO and Founder along with the Executive Leadership Team through our “Coffee Break Series”
- Participation in Pega and intern specific events such as social events, volunteer opportunities, group projects, team outings, etc.
- Potential for full-time offer
- Structured manager and mentor program
- Competitive salary and perks
- Casual and fun environment
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.