Software Engineer Summer Intern
Meet Our Team:
Pega's Runtime Engine Alliance delivers core capabilities to run our Clients' Pega Infinity Applications and our Pega Cloud Services Business at scale. The next generation of Pega platform architecture that you will be developing uses cutting-edge cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, MongoDB, Elastic Search, and Redis. Our team develops Pega's high-throughput runtime engine which enables the cost-effective, performant, scalable, upgradable, reliable, and resilient operation of our offerings with a modern microservices-based architecture, best-in-class technologies, and a frictionless client experience. We primarily focus is on stateless and scalable execution, in order to support the $1B and growing client base on the Pega Engine. That's a challenging set of expectations to meet. That's where you come in.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega's internship program serves as an exceptional launchpad for students, bridging the gap between academic prowess and thriving in the professional realm. We don't just cultivate good students; we elevate them to greatness by empowering them to conquer substantial challenges. At Pega, we champion the notion that brilliance knows no hierarchy or geographical bounds—it can emerge from anyone, anywhere. Our internships are designed with a clear mission: to equip students with invaluable business acumen, embolden them to contribute to consequential real-world projects, and facilitate seamless global collaboration. All the while, we ensure that their efforts are handsomely rewarded with a competitive compensation package. Join us and turn your potential into tangible achievements.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Develop, maintain, and help operate production cloud native services for the Pega application development platform
- Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team
- Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate feature requirements into software deliverables
- Provide subject matter expertise to Pega's global support organization and internal application development teams
Who You Are:
You are passionate about engineering and eager to develop your skills within an enterprise environment while working with an industry-leading product. You think outside the box and use your experience for more effective collaboration.
- Currently pursuing BS Degree in Computer Science
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Object-oriented design and development skills
- Bonus points for: Object-Oriented Programming language such as Kotlin, Java, C++, or C#
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Drive for continuous learning and development
Pega Offers You:
- Opportunity to work with diverse global teams on real-time, impactful projects and initiatives
- Professional development seminars and meet & greets with Pega’s CEO and Founder, and Executive Leadership Team through our “Coffee Break Series”
- Participation in Pega and intern specific events such as social events, volunteer opportunities, group projects, team outings, etc.
- Potential for full-time offer
- Structured manager and mentor program
- Competitive salary and perks
- Casual and fun environment
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.