Cloud Development Engineer Summer Intern
Meet Our Team:
The Cloud Engineering: Platform Deployments & Data Services team designs and develops the highly available processes associated with the provisioning, configuration, installation, maintenance, upgrade, and deployment of the Pega Platform and its strategic and industry applications. Working in a collaborative environment, your familiarity of Kubernetes, Docker, RDBMS, Application Servers, coupled with excellent programming skills will help drive the future of our Pega Cloud and Client Managed Cloud solutions.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega's internship program serves as an exceptional launchpad for students, bridging the gap between academic prowess and thriving in the professional realm. We don't just cultivate good students; we elevate them to greatness by empowering them to conquer substantial challenges. At Pega, we champion the notion that brilliance knows no hierarchy or geographical bounds—it can emerge from anyone, anywhere. Our internships are designed with a clear mission: to equip students with invaluable business acumen, embolden them to contribute to consequential real-world projects, and facilitate seamless global collaboration. All the while, we ensure that their efforts are handsomely rewarded with a competitive compensation package. Join us and turn your potential into tangible achievements.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- As a summer intern on the team, you will work on designing and implementing solutions for making software changes to the underlying software without impacting our client’s end users.
- Ensure the Pega Platform is scalable and resilient by leveraging technologies like Helm, Kubernetes, and Docker ensuring end users are not impacted by infrastructure changes.
- Write code that will ensure the Pega Platform is cloud native and cloud provider agnostic.
Who You Are:
You have a high level of technical aptitude with a genuine eagerness to learn, explore and enhance Pega technology using your expertise in cloud technologies and object-oriented development. You are passionate about learning new technologies and enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced environment that values collaboration and teamwork. You possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and thrive in a robust environment that imposes new challenges frequently.
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- Some experience developing applications in Java.
- Energy & enthusiasm to be part of a fast-paced team
- Willing to work in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.