Principal Engineer, Technical Support
Meet Our Team:
We are the face of Pega. Our aim is to Providing world class technical support and advice on the use of Pegasystems’ Products and Applications. We make it easy, pleasant, and rewarding for our customers to work with us. You will be working along with the best colleagues and customers across the globe.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role you will - The Principal Technical Solutions Engineer (PTSE) is the person the experts go to for help. PTSEs work directly with Pegasystems’ staff, partners, and customers as they develop, test, deploy, and manage BPM (Business Process Management) and BRE (Business Rules Engine) applications through the entire product lifecycle.
What You'll Do at Pega:
You will contribute your technical expertise and Pegasystems product knowledge in resolving complex technology challenges to help customers in meeting their business needs. We work normal Australian business hours and run a follow the sun client support, our Australia team take over from the US team and then hand over to the India team at the end of the day in Sydney.
Who You Are:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify, propose and implement solutions and ability to work in a flexible, team environment
- Aptitude for quickly understanding complex technical issues, understand customer end-to-end deployments, products and underlying architecture
- Advanced teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate and negotiate with other groups and manage conflict
- Proven ability to interact directly with customers at all levels
- Demonstrated customer-facing skills including expectation management, communication skills, information management
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills, including poise in pressure situations
- Good to have: Experience working with J2EE Application Servers (preferably Websphere, Weblogic and Tomcat) and/or relational databases (preferably Oracle, DB2 and UDB)
- Troubleshooting and debugging experience would be an added advantage
- Australian work rights and Ideally Australia Citizenship.
What You've Accomplished:
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role involving Java, J2EE expertise and databases programming experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a Java, J2EE software developer
- 2+ years of experience as a J2EE servers administrator and J2EE server software products support with exposure to database concepts and administration
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact in technical discussions.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment -
- Home / Office working Hybrid with our team coming into the office two days a week (some come in more)
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Paid Medical, Life and TPD Insurances
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement