Senior Engineer, Technical Support
Meet Our Team:
We are the face of Pega. We provide world-class engineering support and advice on the use of Pegasystems’ products and applications. You will collaborate with an exceptional team of engineers and customers from across the globe, while engaging in troubleshooting a variety of unique software solutions.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will be part of an ‘as-a-Service’ organization that operates 24x7x365 for our clients. In this role you will interact with clients and partners at all levels supporting Pega’s CRM and industry applications. Acting as a trusted advisor in support of Pega technology, you will work to gain insights and understanding of our customers’ needs and diverse technical solutions. Our clients are the largest and most successful in their respective industries. You will be helping them derive real world business advantages and expand the adoption of Pega products
What You'll Do at Pega:
- You will apply your knowledge and technical competence on Pega products and services to support client issues every day.
- You will collaborate with product teams as needed to research problems and provide solutions to our clients in time critical situations.
- You will strive to maintain exceptional customer relationships by handling their questions and concerns on their support incidents with speed and professionalism.
- You will drive support incidents with proactive actions to avoid escalations and thereby meet Pega’s service level agreements.
- You will work with field engineers to assist on-site teams in resolving complex issues.
- You will become a subject matter expert in product functionality and use that to drive customer-based solutions.
- You will continuously learn about our products and the latest technological trends of today’s market.
Who You Are:
- You possess strong technical skills and the aptitude for quickly understanding complex enterprise application issues, client’s end-to-end application deployments, and underlying architecture to solve problems.
- You demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills, including poise in pressure situations.
- You enjoy solving technical problems and puzzles, are curious, and love to learn. You would prefer a role that is technically diverse in nature allowing for new challenges and a strong learning curve.
- You would like to work in a global, progressive software company.
- You are an independent thinker, a good team player, and passionate about client success.
What You've Accomplished:
- 4+ years application development and support with Java (strongly preferred), C++ and/or C#
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design, passionate about learning new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related areas, or related professional experience
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, innovative, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change, and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Database technologies (SQL Server , Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2)
- Experience with various operating systems (Linux, Windows, Solaris, zOS)
- Pega Certified System Architect certification is a plus
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement