Senior System Architect (Multiple Openings)
Meet Our Team:
As a key member of the Pega System Architecture team, you will work with a passionate and driven project team, delivering new and innovative business and technical solutions using Pega technology.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll help us design, develop, implement and test the next generation of Pega’s products. This is your chance to get your hands-on leading technology that figures out what people really care about.
What You'll Do at Pega:
Deliver high quality technical solutions across all phases of the software development lifecycle. Work as part of a team to collaborate with clients, partners, and Pega team. Continuously focus on Customer Success. Provide high quality deliverables that meet/perform to technical and functional requirements using best practices to ensure delivery success . Own End to End delivery of major feature sets utilizing latest features and tools available in the platform. Effectively communicate with team members, clients and project stakeholders by adapting communication style to the audience. Follow Pega Express and Journey-centric approach and rapid delivery principles in the design and implementation of applications. Support project leaders in scoping and sizing development efforts and managing scope and risk. Assist with planning and execution of unit, integration and user acceptance testing. Facilitate knowledge transfer of Pega functionality, application functionality, Pega design and implementation to enable clients and partners. Maintain advanced knowledge of Pega Architecture, Pega design, implementation features and tools. Demonstrate a solid understanding of reuse in terms of enterprise solutions seeking to develop repeatable, efficient and optimal ways of implementing Pega. Solve complex business requirements by consistently designing deliverables without unnecessary complexity by leveraging OOTB components and low-code options that ensure customer enablement and long-term ownership. Provide feedback on product enhancements needed to support client needs. Support efforts on cloud/hardware sizing, server topology and enterprise integration needs. Present informed and unbiased technical guidance. Mentor and support all team members, with focus on the System Architects and clients on their assigned project tasks, influencing them in design and best practices in compilation, delivery and maintenance quality of deliverables. Consistently provide and receive timely and specific constructive feedback to fellow team members, partners and clients.
What You've Accomplished:
- Requires a Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related or related field of study and 5 years of experience in any job title/occupation/position involving building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions. Will accept a Master’s degree and 3 years.
- Experience specified must include 5 years (3 if Master’s) with: all phases of software development including design, configuration, testing, debugging, implementation and support of large-scale, business-centric and process-based applications; and Application Servers, programming languages, relational and non-relational data bases and integration techniques.
- Experience specified must include 3 years with: object-oriented techniques and principles; and Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience specified must also include 1 year with: WebSphere or Weblogic, J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, Java), .Net, Oracle, DB2, and MS/SQL); and CRM applications (Seibel, SFDC or Dynamics).
- Must be certified as Certified Senior System Architect (CSSA).
- May live anywhere in the US. Telecommuting permitted.
- Requires 75% domestic travel to client sites.
1 Main Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement