Cloud Application Security Engineer
Meet Our Team:
As a member of the Cloud Application Security team you will focus on tasks that ensure applications, platforms, and services are secure. This includes all forms of security analysis and testing, as well as developing and operating security analysis tools to ensure thorough and repeatable detection and testing. Furthermore, you will work with software engineers to assist with the design and development of secure software and with diagnosing and devising effective remedies for security problems. Ensuring that security policies and practices are followed throughout product development is another key aspect of the position.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You feel comfortable with analyzing system architecture in cloud environment, communicate and explain the security impact of issues and secure coding practices. Also, you have an analytical approach that can look beneath the surface to identify weaknesses and opportunities for solutions. In your daily work, you’ll have an opportunity to work with technologies like AWS Cloud Solutions, Kubernetes and many more.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work with software developers on threat modeling, security design analysis, and other activities related to Secure Development Lifecycle,
- Assist developers in diagnosing and addressing security bugs,
- Act as security advisor for development teams by providing consultations and trainings,
- Source code analysis.
Who You Are:
You are an effective communicator and collaborator, who demonstrates proactivity and passion for the cloud security. You show critical thinking with respect to software documentation and code – ability to look beneath the surface and find the hidden insecurities that may emerge.
What You've Accomplished:
- Professional experience in security/cloud/software development,
- Wide security knowledge around the OWASP including top ten, cheat sheets, good practices,
- Basic programming skills in Go, Java or Python,
- Very good command of English.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Flexible work mode: remote/hybrid/office. Our modern office is located in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center). We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.