Senior Cloud Development Engineer, Application Telemetry
Meet Our Team:
Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud (PDC) is a 24/7/365 service that lives at the forefront of Pega Cloud. By combining millions of diagnostic messages each day, it provides performance insight for application developers, companies, as well as for the entire Pega Cloud.
PDC plays a crucial role in connecting the dots and finding complex behavioral patterns in all kinds of software defects. PDC is transforming into a decision hub that will drive the automation of many Cloud diagnostic processes to act faster than cloud engineers. We’re looking for people who will make this happen while helping us scale the service from receiving more than 90 million messages each day.
PDC team works using the Agile methodology - no waterfall-style planning, hardening sprints, or complex deployments. Just build, verify, click the deploy button, and check whether customers are happy with what you’ve developed.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
A Cloud Development Engineer at Pega is bright, technically minded and have strong analytical skills. In the fast-paced, collaborative environment that the diagnostic area offers, you are able to apply innovative ideas to solve complex problems, presenting strong SaaS thinking.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Actively participate in the design and development of the PDC application leveraging the Pega platform as the development framework,
- Leverage business expertise and use rigorous logic and creative methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions,
- Actively participates in the Scrum/DevOps processes used to develop solutions,
- Support customers by providing technical guidance. Help our operations team maintain and run PDC hosted on AWS.
Who You Are:
- You are a Cloud Development Engineer learning and using Pegasystems’ technology daily.
- You are expected to be focused on delivering exceptional quality, communicate and cooperate well within an agile team, be highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change, adopt and develop best practices, think through problems to come up with innovative solutions, and work effectively under pressure.
- You are working with a full stack of technologies, including cloud offerings.
- You understand the concepts of Observability in the context of software and proactively think about ways to improve technical solutions.
What You've Accomplished:
- At least 3-4 years of development experience in Enterprise Applications
- Good knowledge of Java or a similar programming language (e.g., C#)
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Understanding of a large-scale solution for the collection of metrics, logs, and traces, such as Grafana, OpenTelemetry, Prometheus or other application monitoring/observability tools
- Experience with integration technologies as well as micro and web services
- Working experience with Linux and Git
- Very good English for spoken and written communication
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar containerization technologies
- Working experience with AWS or other world-leading cloud offerings like Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with non-relational databases
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Flexible work mode: remote/hybrid/office. Our modern office is located in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center). We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement