Engineer, Technical Support
Meet Our Team:
As part of the Global Client Support organization, Manager provides a frontline, leading edge environment to learn and apply your knowledge by helping our customers operate their Pegasystems solutions with the best experience possible. With our global operation you will be working with customers in many countries and industries. The experience you will gain will provide a great foundation for your career as you witness our customers transform their businesses.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role you will interact with customers and partners at multiple levels to support Pega technology, gain insight and understand the customer needs and solutions. Our customers are the largest and most successful in their respective industries. Ultimately, your success is judged by the success of those customers in deriving real world business value as shown by repeated business and increased adoption.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Drive efficiencies on day-to-day operations by utilizing tools & skills.
- Lead, Coach, Build and develop a team of outstanding individuals providing world class technical support on Pega products.
- Implement and execute processes to streamline issue investigations and resolutions.
- Remove impediments/blockers to keep issue investigations moving forward to meet established deadlines.
- Accountability for team integrity, product support excellence, decision making, SLAs, Client success, career development, communications.
Who You Are:
Possess strong technical skills and aptitude for quickly understanding complex enterprise application issues and client’s end-to-end application deployments, products and underlying architecture Ability to identify, propose and implement solutions and ability to work in a flexible, team environment Ability to diagnose and identify the root cause, solve problems by proposing / assist in implementing the solutions
- Ability to handle Sev-1s/FTS/Critical Client escalations Aptitude for quickly understanding complex technical issues, understand customer end-to-end deployments, products and underlying architecture.
- Advanced teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate and negotiate with other groups and manage conflict.
- Proven ability to interact directly with customers at all levels Demonstrated customer-facing skills including expectation management, communication skills, information management.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills, including poise in pressure situations Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams.
- Participate in mentoring new engineers on both technical and process aspects.
- Participate actively by self-learning and knowledge sharing with the team in new technology developments related Pegasystems product suite
What You've Accomplished:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Product Support/Development.
- Strong understanding in Core Java/JEE skills.
- Knowledge of KAFKA is preferred.
- Knowledge on Cassandra is preferred.
- Good working knowledge on Databases (ex. Postgres, Oracle, MySql).
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills, and has experience in analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving enterprise software issues.
- Strong interest and desire to learn BPM and working experience on Pega Platform.
- Good oral and written communication skills, besides being a great team player.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work autonomously or as part of a team to support and contributes to a cohesive overall organization.
- Ability to learn new technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our in-service products.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement